Re: pToolSet 6.47 is here...

  • Kent Primrose <kent.primrose@born.com>
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
      Well, one mystery solved. With both pToolSet and superFinderHack
      installed, pToolSet comes up first and then, when you press "Find",
      Shazam! superFinderHack comes up and your find string is typed (a
      character at a time) into the "Find" area. All seems to work just
      find, but this seems a bit wierd and unexpected! (at least to me)

      Thanks,
      Kent

      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Primrose <kent.primrose@b...>"

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
        # Well, one mystery solved. With both pToolSet and superFinderHack
        # installed, pToolSet comes up first and then, when you press "Find",
        # Shazam! superFinderHack comes up and your find string is typed (a
        # character at a time) into the "Find" area. All seems to work just
        # find, but this seems a bit wierd and unexpected! (at least to me)

        It is "expected". Remember: OS 5 compatibility. The next release: pFindTool
        and superFinderHack will co-exist. /Paul
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
          # OK, one more thing that I've discovered with all this "pToolZapping"
          # and re-installing. I've had a problem for some time with hot syncing.
          # After doing a hot sync, the next time I sync I get a Fatal Alert that
          # says "MemoryMgr.c, Line 4475, Invalid chunk ptr". I've just lived with
          # this, wondering what was causing it. While trying to get
          # superFinderHack working with pToolSet I suddenly discovered that I
          # don't have this same behavior if pToolSet is not installed. Could
          # there be something in the latest versions of pToolSet that's causing
          # my Clie running OS 4.1 to foul itself up when it does a hot sync?

          Have you read EXAMPLE 2 in the readme file? That is the problem. You need to
          act properly. Please let me know if it worked. Maybe I should mke that
          example MORE prominent? /Paul
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
            # By the way, pToolZapper seems to be a bit behind on the specific tools
            # it allows you to zap -- hard to keep up with a prolific developer such
            # as yourself!

            No, it s up-to-date. It zaps finder-searcher UNDER text tools. I should
            document it. /Paul
          • Kent Primrose <kent.primrose@born.com>
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
              OK, that does seem to be affecting things. I read the read-me when
              pToolButtons Pro first came out, but must have missed it then -- it is
              on line 100 of a 186 line file!

              I still haven't made the problem go totally away, but I'm playing with
              it. It's probably just that I'm too lazy to follow the steps and I'm
              looking for a shortcut, but I'm sure this is the solution I'm looking
              for. I'll keep at it.

              Thanks,
              Kent

              --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
              > # OK, one more thing that I've discovered with all this "pToolZapping"
              > # and re-installing. I've had a problem for some time with hot syncing.
              > # After doing a hot sync, the next time I sync I get a Fatal Alert that
              > # says "MemoryMgr.c, Line 4475, Invalid chunk ptr". I've just lived with
              > # this, wondering what was causing it. While trying to get
              > # superFinderHack working with pToolSet I suddenly discovered that I
              > # don't have this same behavior if pToolSet is not installed. Could
              > # there be something in the latest versions of pToolSet that's causing
              > # my Clie running OS 4.1 to foul itself up when it does a hot sync?
              >
              > Have you read EXAMPLE 2 in the readme file? That is the problem. You
              need to
              > act properly. Please let me know if it worked. Maybe I should mke that
              > example MORE prominent? /Paul
            • Colsrebel
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
                My clie did the same thing with the same message. It
                took me a week to figure it out. Several programs that
                I used (Mobilpocket, crossword, Supernames) put a
                condduit in the custom hotsync window which was
                causing conflicts. Since I disabled them, I did not
                have any problems. You might check this.

                Jim

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 8, 2003
                  # OK, that does seem to be affecting things. I read the read-me when
                  # pToolButtons Pro first came out, but must have missed it then -- it is
                  # on line 100 of a 186 line file!

                  Work in progress! I'll try to clarify the matters. Bill is doing a lots of
                  experiments and has GREAT ideas. /Paul
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 9, 2003
                    Hi Guys:

                    A bugfix [superFinderHack and pFindTool], new pToolZapper, more 5-way support.