EZ \LateX {?}

  • Shawn Koons
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello,

      I am returning to pedit after a bit of time off---A long, though
      interesting (to me) story. I am trying to catch up on the improvements,
      but it is a bit overwhelming, thanks to Paul's great work and
      dedication! While I am a long-time user of pedit, I have been away for a
      while, and even when I was actively using it, I was not what I call a
      power-user (mostly just text-editing on a basic level. I am also a
      beginner in the \TeX \LateX markup language.

      If there are any \TeX \LateX users on this list, could you tell me how
      to best enter common commands (hopefully in pairs, i.e., beginning and
      ending).

      Thank You,

      Shawn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
        # If there are any \TeX \LateX users on this list, could you tell me how
        # to best enter common commands (hopefully in pairs, i.e., beginning and
        # ending).

        There are quite a few BUT I am not sure if they are still active. Steven,
        Norbert, e.g. Oh yes, I think Paolo is too. Best regards, Paul

        P.S. I just use the word TeX [and I say "tek" even though I know it should be
        "techhhh". For me TeX is everything. LaTeX, AMSTeX, etc.
      • Tammy Cravit
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
          > # If there are any \TeX \LateX users on this list, could you tell me how
          > # to best enter common commands (hopefully in pairs, i.e., beginning and
          > # ending).
          >
          > There are quite a few BUT I am not sure if they are still active. Steven,
          > Norbert, e.g. Oh yes, I think Paolo is too. Best regards, Paul

          I'm a LaTeX user too, though I type fast enough with my thumb-keyboard that
          I've never bothered trying to automate much in terms of writing LaTeX
          macros. I did a pScript at one point that would set up my LaTeX document
          (put in the \documentclass line and the \begin{document}\end{document}), but
          I've thus far not needed to do anything fancier. Someone posted a set of
          macros at one point for automatically making a selected word into a pair of
          begin/end tags, but I'm not sure if that stuff still works with newer
          versions of pedit because I was never motivated enough to try it out. :-)

          \pTammy{}
        • David Lemire
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
            Tammy Cravit wrote:

            >I'm a LaTeX user too, though I type fast enough with my thumb-keyboard that
            >I've never bothered trying to automate much in terms of writing LaTeX
            >macros. I did a pScript at one point that would set up my LaTeX document
            >(put in the \documentclass line and the \begin{document}\end{document}), but
            >I've thus far not needed to do anything fancier. Someone posted a set of
            >macros at one point for automatically making a selected word into a pair of
            >begin/end tags, but I'm not sure if that stuff still works with newer
            >versions of pedit because I was never motivated enough to try it out. :-)

            There are a couple of fairly basic examples at peditors.com:
            http://www.peditors.com/pages/pScriptsForMarkupLanguages

            DaveL
          • Tammy Cravit
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
              Now that I've been thinking about it, here's something I threw together to
              take the word under the cursor and turn it into a LaTeX environment. It also
              leaves the cursor inside the newly created environment.

              This is really my first attempt at pScripting, so suggestions for
              improvement are most welcome. The script assumes that peditPro's escape char
              is ` and LapTopHack's escape char is \.
              /* Select the word under the */
              /* cursor and make it into a pair */
              /* of LaTeX environment tags */