Re: pToolSetHack module (was Re: [peditors] pToolSet in OS 5)

  • Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2002
      Ray Drew wrote:
      > #
      > The new pToolSet with taps is coming. I set the taps on my Tungsten on the
      > border of the alphabetic and numerical graffiti areas: top = copy, middle =
      > select, bottom = paste. It's incredibly convenient.
      > #
      >
      > Something that's really convenient in MiddleCapsHack is that you can set
      > tapping on the 'abc' keyboard area on the graffiti area to cycle the case
      > for the word the cursor is in between lower, UPPER and Titled. That might
      > be something to consider.

      I NEVER notice this feature in MiddleCapsHack! Thanks!!!!

      > #
      > I feel like a pToolSetHack module would be good so the OS 4- Palms could
      > also use the OS 5 features of pToolSet. I just asked this very same question from
      > a small circle of OS 5 guys but I feel more and more convinced that this is
      > a good idea. What do you think? Yes? No? Should I make a poll?
      >
      > FYI, in OS5, pToolSet behaves like a hack and has commands which can be
      > assigned to buttons/strokes/taps in more ways than you will ever need.
      > #
      >
      > Yes please.

      I would also.

      > Paul,
      >
      > here's my Christmas wish list :-)
      >
      > A pMemoTool - like daMemoPad but with pEditTool/pTextTool functionality.

      This would be cool! Actually, what would be better is anytime I go into
      an editable field, automagically have it peditHack or editMode
      (configurable of coarse) start.

      Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2002
        # > Something that's really convenient in MiddleCapsHack is that you can set
        # > tapping on the 'abc' keyboard area on the graffiti area to cycle the case
        # > for the word the cursor is in between lower, UPPER and Titled. That might
        # > be something to consider.
        #
        # I NEVER notice this feature in MiddleCapsHack! Thanks!!!!

        Great idea. Will think of it. /Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2002
          # This would be cool! Actually, what would be better is anytime I go into
          # an editable field, automagically have it peditHack or editMode
          # (configurable of coarse) start.

          Can't be done in OS 5. Also would be a pain. Think of DateBook. Every time
          you tap into a field you get pedithack [or whatever]? Right?

          Think this way: would you want the built-in virtual keyboard to come up every
          time you tap into a field? I doubt that anyone would use that option.

          Am I wrong? Best regards, Paul
        • Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2002
            Jeffrey A. Krzysztow wrote:

            > This would be cool! Actually, what would be better is anytime I go into
            > an editable field, automagically have it peditHack or editMode
            > (configurable of coarse) start.

            Actually, I would prefer if this only happened on a multi-lined one
            instead of any old one.

            Question: Is there a way to have a program call editMode? If there was a
            way to have other programmers call editMode instead of AutoMagically, I
            would be happy to request this of other authers.

            Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
          • Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2002
              Paul Nevai wrote:
              > # This would be cool! Actually, what would be better is anytime I go into
              > # an editable field, automagically have it peditHack or editMode
              > # (configurable of coarse) start.
              >
              > Can't be done in OS 5. Also would be a pain. Think of DateBook. Every time
              > you tap into a field you get pedithack [or whatever]? Right?
              >
              > Think this way: would you want the built-in virtual keyboard to come up every
              > time you tap into a field? I doubt that anyone would use that option.
              >
              > Am I wrong? Best regards, Paul

              I do agree. Is there an easier way to get at this then going through
              LaptopHack's menu? I've looked in the manual and have not seen a
              pen-stroke or pen-tap to activate (I believe once apon a time there was?).

              See another post on this subject.

              Jeffrey
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2002
                # I do agree. Is there an easier way to get at this then going through
                # LaptopHack's menu? I've looked in the manual and have not seen a
                # pen-stroke or pen-tap to activate (I believe once apon a time there was?).

                Yep, in OS 5. One customaizable taap/stroke/whatever.

                In OS4-? Via LapTopHack's customizable taps. Yes yes yes, I am pretty sure
                this is easily doable. It may even be a default. Check out the manual. Best
                regards, Paul