Re: [peditors] doc format/OS X

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 3, 2002
      # MakeDocDD is alive and well for OS X:
      #
      # http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~yoz/PilotSoft-e.html

      !!!WARNING and STOP USING IT!!!

      Go to http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~yoz/PilotSoft-e.html and READ IT!!! Read
      the RED warning. /Paul
    • John Kershaw
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 3, 2002
        > !!!WARNING and STOP USING IT!!!
        >
        >Go to http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~yoz/PilotSoft-e.html and READ IT!!! Read
        >the RED warning. /Paul

        Or only convert files with names shorter than 32 characters? I've
        had no problems in the couple of months I've been using it.

        John.
        --
        ------------------------------------
        0113 2289316 / 07944 755613
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 3, 2002
          > From: "Dirk Bernhardt" <krid@...>
          > > This must be done with your PPK's Ctrl-V Paste operation, since the
          > > regular paste operation is not available when the left-slide def
          > > screen is up.
          >
          > Oh, but it is! Just tap your LTH-ESC-character and an x, for xPaste.
          > Done.

          Cool! I learn something new every day! Of course, now that I've replaced
          FitalyStamp with ME-Stamp, it's a moot point (for me). <grin>

          -- JohnH
        • Mark Srebnik
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 3, 2002
            Hi Jason,

            Try MakeDocJ.

            Works in OSX.

            It's free!

            HTH,

            Mark

            on 8/2/02 11:51 AM, peditors@yahoogroups.com at peditors@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 3, 2002

              It works but very poor user interface [not Mac at all]. Probably because it
              was made as a generic converter for many OSs. /Paul
            • Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 5, 2002
                At 07:06 PM 8/3/02, you wrote:

                >It works but very poor user interface [not Mac at all]. Probably because it
                >was made as a generic converter for many OSs. /Paul

                So Paul, would you be kind enough to give me some idea's to make it more
                Mac OS like?

                Jeffrey A. Krzysztow

                The author of MakeDocGUI/MakeDocJ.
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 5, 2002
                  # >It works but very poor user interface [not Mac at all]. Probably because
                  # >it was made as a generic converter for many OSs. /Paul # # So Paul, would
                  # >you be kind enough to give me some idea's to make it more # Mac OS like?

                  I am a Mac OS X newbie!!! I didn't even realize that you, Jeffrey, wrote it.
                  I thought it was some "generic" package. Had I known that you wrote it, I
                  would have been much more tactful. I feel bad that I was so ungentlemanly.

                  I will try to make one suggestion [but I am a newbie]: allow drop'n'convert.
                  Another: remember the pathnames so we would not to have to pick one each
                  time. Another: allow drop'n'convert'n'install [put into the Install dir].

                  Best regards, Paul
                • Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 5, 2002
                    At 04:27 PM 8/5/02, you wrote:
                    ># >It works but very poor user interface [not Mac at all]. Probably because
                    ># >it was made as a generic converter for many OSs. /Paul # # So Paul, would
                    ># >you be kind enough to give me some idea's to make it more # Mac OS like?
                    >
                    >I am a Mac OS X newbie!!! I didn't even realize that you, Jeffrey, wrote it.
                    >I thought it was some "generic" package. Had I known that you wrote it, I
                    >would have been much more tactful. I feel bad that I was so ungentlemanly.

                    No problem. I have a thick skin! It is written in Java and I only get very
                    limited access to a Mac OS X laptop to test software (I am a Java developer
                    by profession) and I am not a Mac person.

                    >I will try to make one suggestion [but I am a newbie]: allow drop'n'convert.
                    >Another: remember the pathnames so we would not to have to pick one each
                    >time. Another: allow drop'n'convert'n'install [put into the Install dir].

                    It is possible to save the current options under a named configuration, so
                    I am not sure what you mean by this. Please explain further.

                    Do you have any idea how to do an install on the Mac? I have a way to do
                    this under Windows (figuring out the user info, install directory, and you
                    have to tickle the Windows registry), but I have no idea what has to be
                    done to do the same under the Mac. Any help or pointers to info in this
                    regard would be great!

                    Jeffrey
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 9, 2002
                      Dear Jeffrey:

                      # It is possible to save the current options under a named configuration, so
                      # I am not sure what you mean by this. Please explain further.

                      You see, the more I say the more I make myself into a fool [I am an OS X
                      newbie]

                      # Do you have any idea how to do an install on the Mac? I have a way to do
                      # this under Windows (figuring out the user info, install directory, and you
                      # have to tickle the Windows registry), but I have no idea what has to be
                      # done to do the same under the Mac. Any help or pointers to info in this
                      # regard would be great!

                      My directory is:

                      /Users/nevai/Documents/Palm/Users/myvx/Files to Install

                      and this may ["may" but not "must"] be pretty standard.

                      I'd like to see the drop'n'encode and drop'n'decode feature. That is pretty
                      "Mac-like".

                      Best regards, Paul
                    • Jason Davies
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 10, 2002
                        >Do you have any idea how to do an install on the Mac? I have a way to
                        do
                        >this under Windows (figuring out the user info, install directory,
                        and
                        >you
                        >have to tickle the Windows registry), but I have no idea what has to
                        be
                        >done to do the same under the Mac. Any help or pointers to info in
                        this
                        >regard would be great!
                        I am no expert but I suspect you could do this with Applescript. The
                        best way to find out more is to join the Applescript list at

                        Help/Unsubscribe/Archives:

                        briefly and they will give you some help (high traffic, very competent
                        list). They might equally tell you where to find out more about doing
                        it in Java. (the fastest posters are usually the most terse; wait a
                        little while for the more easy going people to reply...:-)

                        and finally, where can I find makedoc?
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 11, 2002
                          # and finally, where can I find makedoc?

                          I don't know but I ma not sure where it came from. I have this:
                          http://pobox.com/~yoz/index-e.html. Also,
                          http://www.memoware.com/mw-helpm.htm

                          /Paul