OT: A reminder and a remembrance

  • Ric Fischer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hi all.

      I remember a day not too long ago when a new text input method was
      "discovered" on the internet and mentioned here in our beloved forum. I
      recently read the following message in the MessagEase forum and thought
      some of you might like to read this as a reminder to go check out the
      software and a remembrance of where it all started:

      You can check out MessagEase (it's free until he releases it
      commercially) at http://www.exideas.com/

      Ric Fischer
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
        On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:31:47 -0700, Ric Fischer wrote:

        > I remember a day not too long ago when a new text input method was
        > "discovered" on the internet and mentioned here in our beloved forum. I
        > recently read the following message in the MessagEase forum and thought
        [...]
        > > From: John Harms
        [...]
        > > Subject: [MessagEase] MessagEase membership now exceeds parent group
        [...]
        > > I just noticed that the "MessagEase" membership (1070) now
        > > exceeds that of
        > > "peditors" (1018).

        Wow, we even have spinoffs! :-) Are there other cases?

        Paolo
        http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
      • Brenda
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
          On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:16:21 +0200, Paolo Amoroso wrote:
          >Wow, we even have spinoffs! :-) Are there other cases?

          Another spinoff...

          Originally created after September 11 for Peditors to discuss off topic things.

          Currently 28 members.

          Brenda
        • Paolo Amoroso
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
            On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:39:23 -0700, Brenda wrote:

            > On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:16:21 +0200, Paolo Amoroso wrote:
            > >Wow, we even have spinoffs! :-) Are there other cases?
            >
            > Another spinoff...

            Well, I didn't mention it because I considered it a very close relative :)

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
              On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:13:56 +0200, Paolo Amoroso wrote:

              >Well, I didn't mention it because I considered it a very close relative :)

              Yeah but it needs to get mentioned more, so this was a good chance!

              Brenda