linux usb

  • magicousma
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
      for the use of a usb-based palm (m130,visor,etc.) on linux, what steps
      need to be taken? After adding support in the kernel (2.4.19-rc1), and
      having a working usb sytem, are there any other steps needed before
      one can use pilot-link? Thanks.
    • sanderlenka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
        --- In peditors@y..., "magicousma" <rozmal@b...> wrote:
        > for the use of a usb-based palm (m130,visor,etc.) on linux, what steps
        > need to be taken? After adding support in the kernel (2.4.19-rc1), and
        > having a working usb sytem, are there any other steps needed before
        > one can use pilot-link? Thanks.

        It took me two nights to do this, but in the end I got it working. However, the process was so frustrating that I chose to forget all the details. I know, however, that this web page turned out to be useful, although I vaguely remember that I had to do some things differently:

        http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/v0.5/t1.html

        Pilot-link works perfectly.
      • Dirk Bernhardt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2002
          Hi,

          all I had to do was a 'modprobe visor', and that was it. The pilot is
          now on /dev/ttyUSB0.

          HTH,
          Dirk