Re: ToDO Request: Find for ListView

  • ebay_id_buytxn
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 8:46 PM
      Norman:

      It sounds like you want the functionality of "MemoLeaf" integrated
      into pedit! I don't know how Paul feels about bringing some of the
      functionality of that excellent program into pedit, but in the
      meantime try MemoLeaf (if you aren't already using it! ;-) )

      Bruce.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26 6:34 AM
        # Is it possible to provide a 'find' filter for ListView? What I would
        # like to be able to list files that match a regular expression.
        # Secondly, I would like to be able to batch 'categorize' the resulting
        # list set. Is this practical to consider?

        This is DOABLE but a major job. Goes on my TODO list. /Paul
      • John Harms
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26 12:03 PM
          > # Is it possible to provide a 'find' filter for ListView? What I would
          > # like to be able to list files that match a regular expression.

          Of course, Paul's SuperFinderHack will search memo titles ("1st line") using regular expressions. But perhaps the SFH output format doesn't meet your needs? (It certainly wouldn't if Paul provides a way to batch categorize the current ListView set, assuming that's your primary goal.)

          -- JohnH

          | John Harms (john_harms@...)
          | Mentor Graphics Corporation
          | 8005 SW Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070-7777
          | Phone: 503.685.1943; FAX: 503.213.5886
          | "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."
          |___________________________________________________________

        • The White Crow
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26 12:05 PM
            At 03:03 PM 3/26/2002, you wrote:
            > > # Is it possible to provide a 'find' filter for ListView? What I would
            > > # like to be able to list files that match a regular expression.
            >
            >Of course, Paul's SuperFinderHack will search memo titles ("1st line")
            >using regular expressions. But perhaps the SFH output format doesn't meet
            >your needs? (It certainly wouldn't if Paul provides a way to batch
            >categorize the current ListView set, assuming that's your primary goal.)

            You can use an app called MemoLeaf to do the searching and batch
            categorizing, but only on the regular memos. For memo32, no such
            luck. However, an enterprising pScript might be in order.

            (Or, if it isn't too much of a hassle: export to p04, use Memoleaf to
            recategorize, then export back to p32 with "clone category" on)

            pJennifer