You said very basic, so here goes:

  • eassrs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
      How do you change the file name in pedit?
      It dosn't seem to be covered in the manual.
      thanks
      Scott Starbuck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
        # How do you change the file name in pedit? It dosn't seem to be covered in
        # the manual.

        I don't understand your question. What file's name? /Paul
      • Yaakov Shlafman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
          --- eassrs <eassrs@...> wrote:
          > How do you change the file name in pedit?
          > It dosn't seem to be covered in the manual.
          > thanks
          > Scott Starbuck

          pedit works with memos, not files. There is one large file (also called
          "database") on the Palm handheld composed of individual records, or memos, each
          having maximal size of 4kilobytes. The standard memo editor which comes with
          Palm handhelds is called MemoPad. In MemoPad, each individual memo's title is
          simply its first line.

          MemoPad is very limited in its functionality. pedit's main purpose is to
          replace MemoPad giving more powerful and flexible tools for working with memos.
          But pedit still works with the same database as MemoPad and provides full
          compatibility with the latter. So in order to rename a memo - both in pedit
          and in the standard memopad all you have to do is to open the memo and change
          its first line.

          pedit also provides several ways to work with memos exceeding the 4K limit.
          The notion of a memo still remains in effect and memo's name is its title -
          first line.

          -- Yaakov.

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Andy Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
            Are you referring to the name that appears in the List View screen?

            It is simply the first line of the memo.

            Change the first line...you change the entry in the List View and thus it
            appears as a name change.

            Memos are not referred to by their "name" but number...usually.

            Good Luck...

            Andy Bilodeau
            abilodeau@...

            How do you change the file name in pedit?
            It dosn't seem to be covered in the manual.
            thanks
            Scott Starbuck

            Check the beginners' pedit pTutor site at http://www.lmhauser.com/ptutor
            Latest pedit & LapTopHack at
            http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/x/pc_beta.zip
            To unsubscribe from this group, write to
            peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com