Re: [peditors] REGEXP test - do it to please

  • Daniel Bergman
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
      > Then search for the longest string you can w/o a crash.

      33 OK
      34 Crash

      Visor DX (OS 3.1)

      /Daniel
    • Jesse Jacobsen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
        On 10/31/01, Paul Nevai wrote:
        > Hi Guys:
        >
        > Make a memo consisting of [280 numbers like this]

        32 yes, 33 crash: Visor Platinum, OS 3.5

        I left "wrap" off, and would also get a crash when repeating the
        search (with G) and a match was not found toward the end of the memo.

        If I select up to 255 characters in the memo, tap the F button,
        and then search for those characters, there is no crash. I can repeat
        the search without a crash too, as long as there is another match in
        the memo.

        I'll see if I can borrow "Mastering Regular Expressions." I've heard
        it praised a lot, but have never had trouble using regexps myself, so
        have never bought it. I do have a few great O'Reilly Perl books
        though, which have hardly been used since I decided to write in Python
        instead for the sake of maintenance. That can get expensive, so I'm
        cautious about buying more O'Reilly books that I may not use much.

        Jesse

        --
        For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by
        Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or