Direct access to a pScript button page

  • John Harms
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      #DO: John Harms photojhh@... 30-Sep-2001
      LapTopHack version 5.76 (12:12:49 2001/09/24)
      Need way to directly access a pScript button page

      For example, something like "ESC B n" would be
      perfect, e.g. to *directly* bring up the third panel,
      it would look something like this: "ESC B 003".

      Why does this matter? I use button pages as a kind of
      menu system to provide access to at least five
      different button pages (with more to come). With the
      current LTH, bringing up page "n" requires that the
      screen first display at least one other page first,
      which causes a visual distraction.

      For example, to display Page003, I must first display
      Page001 and Page002:

      \b >> /* Invoke Btn page 003 */

      This causes the display to flash through the first and
      second pages before resting on the third.

      My latest attempt takes advantage of the Roman Numeral
      navigation, i.e. I put my stuff on pages 6, 11, 51,
      etc. so I can do things like this:

      \b v /* Invoke Btn page 006 */

      or,

      \b x /* Invoke Btn page 011 */

      (I hope the memory for the unused pages is allocated
      using a sparse algorithm!)

      However, even with this workaround the Palm still
      flashes the first button page on the screen before
      going to the desired page -- and I'm running out of
      pages that I can get to with just one jump.

      If "ESC B" (uppercase "b") allowed the script to
      directly open a specific button page, these problems
      would all be eliminated.

      Thanks,
      JohnH

      | John Harms (john_harms@...)
      | Mentor Graphics Corporation
      | 8005 SW Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070-7777
      | Phone: 503.685.1943; FAX: 503.213.5886
      | "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a
      banana."
      |___________________________________________________________

      http://phone.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
        # #DO: John Harms photojhh@... 30-Sep-2001
        # LapTopHack version 5.76 (12:12:49 2001/09/24)
        # Need way to directly access a pScript button page

        Hi JohnH:

        Done. Will send you for testing soon. Maye today.

        USAGE: "ESC B x B" where x is any number between 0 and 999 [no need for
        leading zeros].

        Best regards, Paul
      • John Harms
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          > # Need way to directly access a pScript button page
          > Done. Will send you for testing soon. Maye today.
          > USAGE: "ESC B x B" where x is any number between 0
          > and 999 [no need for
          > leading zeros].

          Thanks!

          -- John