MacroPlay

  • jkrzyszt@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
      Has anyone looked at this?

      http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=29076

      Potential competition to the scripting of LapTopHack and peditPro.

      Jeffrey A. Krzysztow
    • John Harms
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
        > Potential competition to the scripting
        > of LapTopHack and peditPro.

        MacroPlay looks like the equivalent of the old Windows 3.1 Recorder, which
        had some casual benefit but was completely useless for anything but simple
        tasks. Those of us who needed "real" customization turned to true scripting
        utilities like WinBatch, which allowed more complete control of the actions.

        LTH is more like WinBatch in that respect. MacroPlay has a long way to go
        to even approach the usefulness of LTH and pScripting.

        Having said that: Paul, have you considered a "Record" mode that captures
        actions into a script?

        -- JohnH

        |___________________________________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
          # Having said that: Paul, have you considered a "Record" mode that captures
          # actions into a script?

          There is one such recording already. You used it yourself. It's on the tip of
          my tongue but I can't think of it. I am 100% exhausted: ran 18 miles today in
          preparation for the Columbus Marathon in 3.5 weeks. I feel like a zombie [in
          pain].

          Nope, I won't do it in general. I was thinking of it but I didn't like it. I
          could waste my time better on other things such as trying to implement
          suggestions by a certain person called JohnH.

          AMB=Paul
        • John Harms
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
            > I am 100% exhausted: ran 18 miles today in preparation for the
            > Columbus Marathon in 3.5 weeks. I feel like a zombie [in
            > pain].

            Paul --

            Just don't drop dead at the finish line!

            BTW, do you have a succession plan for the unlikely event that someday you
            get hit by a beer truck? Is there a "will" that says who should get pedit's
            source code? (I'm half joking, half serious in this question. Many of us
            have become rather dependent on pedit/LTH!)

            > Nope, I won't do it in general. I was thinking of it but I
            > didn't like it. I could waste my time better on other
            > things such as trying to implement suggestions by a certain
            > person called JohnH.

            Oh well; it was just a thought.

            -- JohnH :-)

            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 28, 2001
              # BTW, do you have a succession plan for the unlikely event that someday you
              # get hit by a beer truck? Is there a "will" that says who should get pedit's
              # source code? (I'm half joking, half serious in this question. Many of us
              # have become rather dependent on pedit/LTH!)

              Guess what. I do. You are a newbie so you don't know this but I do. Paolo is
              the executor of my peditorial estate. He has access to my computers in case I
              go the pedit heaven. AMB=Paul
            • John Harms
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 28, 2001
                > # BTW, do you have a succession plan for the
                > # unlikely event...
                > Guess what. I do...

                Cool.

                > You are a newbie so you don't know
                > this but I do....

                Just curious: how many years of pediting does it take
                to graduate from "newbie" status?

                -- JohnH ;-)

                http://phone.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 28, 2001
                  # Just curious: how many years of pediting does it take
                  # to graduate from "newbie" status?

                  74 days at 2.71 hours. AMB=Paul
                • John Harms
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 28, 2001
                    > # Just curious: how many years of
                    > # pediting does it take
                    > # to graduate from "newbie" status?
                    >
                    > 74 days at 2.71 hours. AMB=Paul

                    Cool! That means I graduated at 11:43a on 11-Nov-2000, which is 74d 2h 43m
                    after I entered my first "real" peditLight memo for meeting notes.

                    -- JohnH [grin]

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 29, 2001
                      # Cool! That means I graduated at 11:43a on 11-Nov-2000, which is 74d 2h 43m
                      # after I entered my first "real" peditLight memo for meeting notes.

                      You are right, JohnH! You joined on 9/11/2000. I was under the impression
                      that you became a peditor only about 3 months ago. Maybe you started to be
                      vocal then? I am sorry. You are definitely not a "newbie". AMB=Paul
                    • John Harms
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 29, 2001
                        > # Cool! That means I graduated at 11:43a on
                        > 11-Nov-2000, which is 74d 2h 43m
                        > # after I entered my first "real" peditLight memo
                        > for meeting notes.
                        >
                        > You are right, JohnH! You joined on 9/11/2000. I was
                        > under the impression that you became a peditor only
                        > about 3 months ago. Maybe you started to be
                        > vocal then? I am sorry. You are definitely not a
                        > "newbie". AMB=Paul

                        I posted my first peditor Forum message on 26-Jun-2001
                        when I purchased LTH (version 2.99b). That was when I
                        discovered what a delightfully interactive
                        relationship you have with your users. When I first
                        jumped into the Peditor Forum, the prevailing theme
                        was, "Hmmm...it's quiet...maybe a little too
                        quiet...." (Remember that thread?) Now I'll bet you
                        would *like* some peace and quiet for a change!

                        -- JohnH [smiley]

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 29, 2001
                          # quiet...." (Remember that thread?) Now I'll bet you would *like* some
                          # peace and quiet for a change!

                          I'll be quiet for sure till the 1st version of REGEX comes out soon. Then I
                          will do printHack. That will be easy since I am thinking about it all the
                          time and it's almost ready in my head. AMB=Paul
                        • John Harms
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 29, 2001
                            > I'll be quiet for sure till the 1st version of REGEX
                            > comes out soon. Then I
                            > will do printHack. That will be easy since I am
                            > thinking about it all the
                            > time and it's almost ready in my head. AMB=Paul

                            Any chance of sneaking in "ESC B <n>" somewhere in
                            those plans, so we can directly bring up specific
                            button pages?

                            -- JohnH :-)

                            http://phone.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 30, 2001
                              # Any chance of sneaking in "ESC B <n>" somewhere in
                              # those plans, so we can directly bring up specific
                              # button pages?

                              It's already there. Check the manual. I forgot the details but roman numerals
                              work. Isn't that good enough? If not, gimme another "DO:" request. AMB=Paul
                            • John Harms
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 30, 2001
                                > # Any chance of sneaking in "ESC B <n>" somewhere in
                                > # those plans, so we can directly bring up specific
                                > # button pages?
                                >
                                > It's already there. Check the manual. I forgot the
                                > details but roman numerals
                                > work. Isn't that good enough? If not, gimme another
                                > "DO:" request. AMB=Paul

                                The key words are "specific" and "directly" I use
                                button pages as a kind of menu system to provide
                                access to at least five different button pages. With
                                the current implementation, bringing up page "n"
                                requires that the screen first display at least one
                                other page first, which causes a visual distraction.

                                I'll send another "DO" request that clarifies...

                                -- JohnH

                                http://phone.yahoo.com