Re: [peditors] LTH and keyboard remapping

    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
      # Ok, I'll make a script to do it. I saw that Launcher III has a
      contrast-slider-button and thought it could be done in LTH too.

      I still don't see why. Did you test Launcher III with all Palms? What about
      the Palm 3? Sony Clie? etc. What does Launcher III do then? AMB=Paul
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
        On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:32:28 -0400 (EDT), Paul Nevai
        <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

        > Imagine: contrast wheel at lowest and you can set the contrast via software
        > to the highest. Now what? How will you ever set it back to normal [assuming
        > that the software has forward direction only]. AMB=Paul

        If the software associates forward and backward directions with some
        hardware buttons on the device, such as the arrow keys, this should not be
        an issue. The software may also have a "reset" action, associated to
        another hardware key, for setting the contrast back to the value it had
        before starting to fiddle with it, or to a preset value such as highest
        contrast.

        Well, this is no longer a software-only solution, but the device's keys are
        much easier to operate than the contrast wheel, especially for small
        adjustments.

        Paolo
      • Lee Hauser
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001

          >Well, this is no longer a software-only solution, but the device's keys are
          >much easier to operate than the contrast wheel, especially for small
          >adjustments.

          Such a thing would be very handy with some cases. I have an old Slipper
          case here that not only has no hole for the contrast wheel, but is so tight
          that it turns the contrast wheel to "dark" whenever the Palm is put in. I
          think they've changed their design, as my Slipper VII has a contrast wheel
          hole now.

          Lee
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
            #
            # Such a thing would be very handy with some cases. I have an old Slipper
            # case here that not only has no hole for the contrast wheel, but is so tight
            # that it turns the contrast wheel to "dark" whenever the Palm is put in. I
            # think they've changed their design, as my Slipper VII has a contrast wheel
            # hole now.

            C'mon guys. Please understand that this not done via software but via
            hardware on the Palm 3 and such. AMB=Paul
          • Lee Hauser
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
              It's ok, Paul, really... we know there are limits to the miracles you can
              work on the Palm! We're just wishfully thinking here!

              Lee