pedit broken, not my fault - honest

  • chris.greenwood@torotrak.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2001
      Paul
      I could resist the curiosity no longer! I started playing with
      pScripting (well I have looked at it before, but it has become so
      sophisticated I decided to take another look).
      I started at the begining with the date example - new formats since I
      last tried.
      Running my first attempt produced the date, selected it, deleted it
      and then wrote 3bw.
      This didn't seem right so I relabeled the script xdate copied it,
      removed everything after s1bc`x and ran it after naming it date. It
      ran once, deleting the selected date. When I tried to do it again I
      could not bring up the pScript entry dialog. Neither downsliding Q
      nor Script Memo from the Record menu will bring up the dialog and
      attempting to do it locks up pedit. Moving to another app (I have
      McPhling) and then returning runs pedit as normal until I attempt to
      bring up the pScript dialog, when the machine locks again.
      I have just soft reset the machine and all is back to normal.
      Repeating the above produces exactly the same results.
      I am running a Vx os 3.5.2 with the latest version of peditpro and
      LapTopHack 5.62.
      I don't know if this is a bug or just the result of my ignoring the
      Stop warning at the begining of the pScripting section in the
      manual. Whichever, the question is what do I do now?

      Regards
      Chris
    • John Harms
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2001
        Are you sure that your scripts turn off
        globalMacroMode off properly (see the latest manual
        for details). It doesn't sound like your machine is
        actually locked up (i.e. paperclip needed), but is
        rather in a silent mode like globalMacroMode. Paul
        has done a *lot* to speed up pScripts that used to get
        bogged down with dialogs and prompts, thanks to
        globalMacroMode. This includes the pScript prompt
        from downButtonSliding "Q".

        Since you can get into another application, the Palm
        is definitely not locked up -- it sounds very much
        like a globalMacroMode situation.

        In case one of my pScripts goes awry like this and
        leaves globalMacroMode on, I have a script to turn it
        off, assigned to a Palm shortcut.

        {globmoff::/Gz}

        Hope this helps!

        -- John

        http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/u2FxlB/TM

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • chris.greenwood@torotrak.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2001
          John
          Yes that was the problem. Guess I'll have to read the complete
          section before fiddling!

          Thanks
          Chris