pDict-beta v 1.08 now displays suggested words

  • jesk50@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2001
      I've uploaded the newest version to a pDict folder in Files

      NEW IN VERSION 1.08 (June 28,2001)
      - Suggestion list (scrollable) with buttons you can use to select
      - I reverted to fewer automatically accepted contractions in the interest of
      greater accuracy. This merely requires the user to add the valid
      contractions (isn't, didn't, etc) to the working wordlist.

      <IMPORTANT> the default wordlist as of ver 1.07 is "_words" (note the
      underscore!). By naming it thus, the title of the wordlist memo will
      correctly sort to the first line. As before, a different wordlist can be
      specified via a p04 memo called pDict.ini. I recommend using a pedit header
      for the wordlist even if the wordlist is not segmented.

      pDict.prc is written in HotPaw BASIC and requires a command interpreter
      called yBasic.prc which is part of the HotPaw BASIC distribution zip file.
      Download and install the HotPaw BASIC (or at least yBasic.prc) from

      www.rahul.net/rhn/hotpaw/

      Registration of HotPaw is only required if you decide to write BASIC programs
      of your own. You do not need to register pDict with me although your
      suggestions are welcome.

      pDict is a user contribution and not a product of PaulComputing.

      Jerry Skelley

      RECENT HISTORY:
      New in version 1.07
      -- Improved documentation
      -- context line for the words
      -- improved approach to the user supplied wordlist now called "_words"
      -- apostrophe can now appear in the middle of a word (didn't, couldn't,
      wouldn't) but are disregarded if preceding or following a word ('mine').
    • Dirk Spackman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2001
        Sorry I didn't comment sooner Jerry, I just got the chance to really test
        this and it works great! I haven't found any glitches. Thanks again for a
        very useful tool. Dirk [:o)

        http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/x/pc_beta.zip
        peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com