the danielBug

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2001
      Dear Daniel:

      Please download

      http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/x/4Daniel.zip

      and test it for the danielBug.

      Crash (DataMgr.c, Line:4512, Err Getting rec) when using /&script (but not
      /&script@ or /&script p) in scriptPad or magiPad while LTH is active. I was
      writing on part four of the scripting tutorial this morning on the bus when I
      stumbled upon this one. When I have LTH active the following scripts crash my
      Visor with a "Err Getting rec" message after printing out "abcde" when I'm
      inscriptPad or memoPad but NOT in EditView (I get "abdceghij" there).

      {txt1::abcde/&script [@@txt2@@]}{txt2::ghij}

      Best regards, Paul
    • Daniel Bergman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2001
        Hi Paul!

        > and test it for the danielBug.

        Sorry, it still crashes...

        > What is the pedit and LTH version? OS = 3.1?

        Yes I'm running the dreaded OS 3.1 but don't have the money to switch to a newer Palm/Visor. pedit and LTH are the newest versions.

        > P.S. New e-mail? Was aliend@...?

        New e-mail during the summer. I'm working at a smelter ( http://www.boliden.se/smelting-ronnskar.html ) and using their e-mail system instead of my POP-mail.

        /Daniel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
          # Sorry, it still crashes...

          What is the message? Same? What is the pScript? The same? Best regards, Paul
        • Daniel Bergman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
            ># Sorry, it still crashes...
            >
            >What is the message? Same? What is the pScript? The same? Best regards, Paul

            Yes, exactly the same stuff happens this time and I also kept the same scripts. Can anyone else with OS 3.1 try these scripts and see if you get the same results?

            /Daniel
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
              Dear Daniel:

              # ># Sorry, it still crashes...

              Both in scriptPad and magiPad now or only in scriptPad? Please check it.
              Best regards, Paul
            • Daniel Bergman
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2001
                ># ># Sorry, it still crashes...
                >
                > Both in scriptPad and magiPad now or only in scriptPad? Please check it.

                Only in scriptPad this time. You've fixed the problem?

                /Daniel