Re: [peditors] PocketC and peditPro

  • Conway Langham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi Henk

      On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 05:58:02PM +0000, Henkjan Korpel wrote:
      > Hi Conway,
      >
      > >Does anyone have much experience in how pedit friendly PocketC actually
      > >is? As far as I can tell it can't cope with p32, nor segmented memos.
      >
      > That's my experience too: !p04 is ok; however if I used !p32 I get:
      > "DataMgr.c, Line 8589, Index out of range." I use a Palm Vx with a German
      > OS - "Schwerer Fehler" sounds less "fatal" than "Fatal Error".

      I've confirmed that the edit function of PocketC loads the Memo32DB
      record with the same number as the MemoDB record that I actually want to
      edit. I guess if you haven't got a corresponding Memo32DB record you
      would get something like a DataMgr.c error.

      > That PocketC can't cope is correct, it is <strong> not </strong>
      > pedit's fault.

      I was kinda sure that it was a limitation with PocketC, not pedit, I'm
      just interested in hearing other peoples experiences. It would be nice
      not to worry about the 4k limit when I start a project.

      --
      Conway Langham Tel: +44(0)20-8943 6094
      National Physical Laboratory Fax: +44(0)20-8943 6939