RE: [peditors] Re: the wrong script... [also: Can't run LapTopHac k pscript in pedit]

  • Haws, Rick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
      Got an example. Just a minute while I hotSync............

      OK, here are the contents of scriptPad:

      /*---- DEBUG ----*/
      {LTH_script::d1::
      /&scriptD [@@dA@@]
      }
      {LTH_script::d2::
      /&scriptD [@@dB@@]
      }
      {LTH_script::d3::
      /&scriptD [@@dC@@]
      }
      {LTH_script::dA::
      AAA
      }
      {LTH_script::dB::
      BBB
      }
      {LTH_script::dC::
      CCC
      }

      /*---------------*/

      Go to a ToDo item in To Do List and run d1, then d2, then d3. These may or
      may not behave correctly. Now run d1 again. Try d3. They often printed
      the wrong thing for me.

      Be careful because it seems that any LTH_script is liable to be run. The
      function /&script[...] seems to be running LTH_scripts that were invoked
      earlier.

      -Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
        # Got an example. Just a minute while I hotSync............
        # {LTH_script::d1::
        # /&scriptD [@@dA@@]
        #
        # Be careful because it seems that any LTH_script is liable to be run. The
        # function /&script[...] seems to be running LTH_scripts that were invoked
        # earlier.

        Dear Rick:

        Can I ask you a favor before I start to look at them? Please change all
        "runtime" /%script [...] functions to "right now". /%script@ [...]. Do you
        still have the same problem?

        I need to localize the problem: runTime or rightNow?

        Thanks! Best regards, Paul
      • Haws, Rick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
          # Can I ask you a favor before I start to look at them? Please change all
          # "runtime" /%script [...] functions to "right now". /%script@ [...]. Do
          you
          # still have the same problem?

          No, I don't. It seems to be a problem with runtime /&script calls. The best
          way to reproduce it seems to be to run one script with a runtime call
          several times and then run another script several times with a runtime call
          to a different script. When you switch to the new script, the /&script[...]
          call runs the wrong script until the new script has been run a few times.
          Does that make sense?

          Also, it doesn't seem to matter whether it is a LTH script or a pedit
          script. Sorry if I misled you about that earlier.

          -Rick