fancyFind

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi peditors and peditresses:

      As some of you know the '!' option in fancyFind conflicts with FindHack 3.5
      [more precisely, the other way around]. Florent Pillet [the FindHack guy] and
      I have agreed that FindHack can have '!'. So please nominate your fancyFind
      replacements for '!' [peditOnlyFlag].

      BTW, if you don't know what I am talking about of if you never use '!', then
      you can safely ignore this message.

      Current fancyFind options: '!', '^', '.', '+', ':'

      QUESTION. Why didn't you fight FindHack. After all, FindHack is the hack and
      pedit is the application and the rule of thumb is that the hack has to
      respect the application and not the other way around.

      ANSWER. Florent is my hero [the BrainStorm guy and the PalmBuddy guy] and he
      is one of the reasons that I became a Palm guy. How can I refuse him. He
      even mention me in the PalmBuddy manual which was my 1st appearance in the
      Palm world. IMHO, he is one of the very top Palm shareware guys [together
      with Jean Ichbiah, Rick Bram, Bozidar Benc, Alan Pinstein, and a few more].

      Best regards, Paul
    • Lonnie Foster
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2001
        On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Paul Nevai wrote:

        > As some of you know the '!' option in fancyFind conflicts with FindHack 3.5
        > [more precisely, the other way around]. Florent Pillet [the FindHack guy] and
        > I have agreed that FindHack can have '!'. So please nominate your fancyFind
        > replacements for '!' [peditOnlyFlag].

        How about '@', for "at pedit"? Okay, not great gramatically, but at
        least it's somewhat mnemonic. :)

        /|\ Lonnie Foster <lonnief@...> http://pobox.com/~tribble
        \|/ Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering;
        /|\ the reality has more to do with losing your luggage.
        -- Regina Nadelson, American writer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2001
          # How about '@', for "at pedit"? Okay, not great gramatically, but at
          # least it's somewhat mnemonic. :)

          Excellent. Thanks. Lonnie. I'll go with this. Best regards, Paul