Re: [peditors] Line numbering script

  • Steven Hill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      On 1/6/01 18:14, "Steven Hill" <steven.hill@...>
      wrote:

      > Add a line number (1-9) at the beginning of a line in your memo; run the
      > linum5 script and the next 4 lines in the memo will be numbered, based on
      > the number you gave the first line.

      Correction - the starting line number must be 5 or less. Need to work out
      how to handle multi-digit numbers!

      With best wishes

      Steven
      Dr Steven Hill | Tel.: +44 (0)1865 275137
      Department of Plant Sciences | Fax.: +44 (0)1865 275074
      South Parks Road | Mobile: +44 (0)7710 461545
      Oxford OX1 3RB,UK | http://www.plants.ox.ac.uk
    • Lonnie Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Steven Hill wrote:

        > First of all I must say that this script is 'proof of concept'. It takes
        > much longer for the script to run that to do what it does manually!

        You've got an awful lot of time on your hands, don't you, Steven? :)

        This is an absolutely beautiful piece of code for code's sake. It
        puts some of my recreational Perl hacking to shame. You're definitely
        on to something, though, with regards to using EasyCalc. I've seen
        similar things done in Perl scripts with the Unix dc (desk calculator)
        program providing mathematical muscle to an otherwise simple script.

        /|\ Lonnie Foster <lonnief@...> http://pobox.com/~tribble
        \|/ Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering;
        /|\ the reality has more to do with losing your luggage.
        -- Regina Nadelson, American writer
      • Dirk Spackman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          MathUCalc should be able to be used in this way also. It uses the RPN
          language that my HP41CX uses. It isn't free but I needed a calculator like
          my HP for my Visor. I will try to investigate when I learn a little more
          about the pMacros and using them to call programs outside of peditPro. Wow,
          Steven, your mind must be churning all the time. This is interesting stuff.
          Dirk [:o)

          > > First of all I must say that this script is 'proof of concept'. It takes
          > > much longer for the script to run that to do what it does manually!
          >
          > You've got an awful lot of time on your hands, don't you, Steven? :)
          >
          > This is an absolutely beautiful piece of code for code's sake. It
          > puts some of my recreational Perl hacking to shame. You're definitely
          > on to something, though, with regards to using EasyCalc. I've seen
          > similar things done in Perl scripts with the Unix dc (desk calculator)
          > program providing mathematical muscle to an otherwise simple script.
          >

          > /|\ Lonnie Foster <lonnief@...> http://pobox.com/~tribble
          > \|/ Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering;
          > /|\ the reality has more to do with losing your luggage.
          > -- Regina Nadelson, American writer
          >

          > Check the beginners' pedit pTutor site at http://www.lmhauser.com/ptutor/
          > To unsubscribe from this group, write to
          peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • Peter R Grierson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2001
            Steven Hill's <steven.hill@p...> posted of "an idea" posted on Fri Jun 1,
            2001

            "All this talk of random number generators
            got me thinking about calculating"

            =====
            Although not free, I thought this might be of some interest:

            Starting with V6.3 (currently in Beta) MiniCalc functions can be invoked by
            other Palm programs. Using MiniCalc API you can:
            Use MiniCalc as calculator for arithmetic expressions with built-in
            functions.
            Create new spreadsheets.
            Open existing spreadsheets.
            Obtain the list of existing spreadsheets.
            Get and set row heights and column widths.
            Get cells by their coordinates and sequentially (row by row).
            Add, update, delete cells.
            Get and set all supported cell formatting options.
            You can download Code Warrior R7 demo project describing how to use all
            available functionality from http://www.solutionsinhand.com/mc/api/api.html
            . The latest MiniCalc version is also included.