[peditors] Notetaking (was Re: pedit from memo & pedit for notes)

  • terry chay
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2000
      Another solution is the Fitaly keyboard or Fitaly press from textware
      solutions <http://www.fitaly.com/>. These are hackmaster/independent app
      replacements. The former is a screen keyboard and the latter uses the
      graffiti area, much like SilkyBoard. Take a look at
      <http://www.fitaly.com/domperignon/domperignon2.htm>.

      Other text input assistants I like are the freeware hacks Keyb+Graffiti
      (allows you to graffiti while using the screen keyboard) and MiddleCapsHack
      (allows you to capitalize letters without shift). I don't think you can
      graffiti fast enough though. <http://shiva.di.uminho.pt/~rco/pilot.html>

      As for the shorthand solution. I think there are commercial applications
      (Jot!?) that allows you to replace common misspellings and the like or
      dynamically complete as you type. Either would speed input for note taking.

      Personally I use a Stowaway, which works fine in a business setting, but
      probably not in a classroom.

      As for the reference to quantum particles, I don't think a Palm would
      perform well at all in this setting. My quantum field theory notes were
      about 8 pages of straight equations for each hour and a half lecture, even
      DiddleBug would barf at that. ;-)

      Take care,

      terry

      OBNod2Developer. In college, a friend of mine quit Mathematics as a major
      when he was "lapped" by the professor in abstract algebra--the professor was
      erasing the chalkboard the student was copying down. The classroom had 6
      chalkboards...

      --
      terry chay <http://www.QIXO.com/>
      QIXO /kick.so/ - Integrating Many Travel Web Sites Into One