7314Re: [peditors] Re: Design ideas for desktop GUI interface

  • jesk50@aol.com
    Mar 3, 2001
      Hi Jeffrey,

      JeffreyKrzysztow@... writes:
      > Jesse,
      >
      > Since you need to re-write this, why not in Java? This will make it work
      > on Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Solaris. One program, multiple platforms.
      >
      > And maybe this will be the program that converts Jenifer to liking Java
      > programs.
      >
      > Jeffrey

      Ahhh.. I'm not the only one who gets names mixed up-- I'm Jerry Skelley
      (jesk50 = Je..Sk..) + year of birth.

      I won't be writing in JAVA for the same reason I'm not writing in C.
      Ignorance. But also I share Jennifer's reservations about JAVA. If I were
      really interested in a going back to square one (and "hello world") I would
      go with C.

      If I re-write it in VisualBasic (which I am) or XBasic (which looks better
      all the time) I already know a substantial percentage of the language. If I
      completely change languages, it's likely to take MANY months before I'm
      capable of even a rough alpha.

      Jerry Skelley
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic