7290Re: [peditors] Re: Design ideas for desktop GUI interface

  • jesk50@aol.com
    Mar 2, 2001
      Hi Wayne

      Wayne.Hildebrandt@... writes:
      > I sort of like the tree-views
      > of categories on one side and memos on the right type of thing.

      Actually so do I.

      >As a long time prof, I am sad to say that most people learn
      > and use by copying what they already know and feel famiiar with!

      TRUE. As a long time musician (and teacher) I see the same thing. The
      teacher's role is to get the extremely conservative students to see and build
      on familiar connections, and to encourage the bright and creative students
      "out-of-the-box." We are all conservative to some degree.

      Jerry
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic