7284Re: [peditors] Re: Design ideas for desktop GUI interface

  • jesk50@aol.com
    Mar 1, 2001
      Wayne.Hildebrandt@... writes:

      > I would think your "user interface" should be the standard of
      > the platform you are working on. While a Palm looking interface is
      > cute .. when I am using a PC I want to have a common set of controls
      > for the several programs I may be running simultaneously. I would
      > expect all Palm programs to sort of the same on the Palm and all PC
      > programs to be similar on the PC, as well as the MAC.
      >
      > Just a thought .....

      Wayne,
      Yep. Now, as I work on the Windows variation in a 32 bit language (Windows
      oriented) instead of my trusty old 16bit compiler, I have access to a
      standard toolbox containing menus, list boxes, scroll bars etc. It will
      definitely look like a Windows application. But what kind of Windows app
      layout would pedit users like to see. Maybe Explorer-ish with tree-views of
      categories on one side and memos on the right? Or like MS-Outlook? Or
      Internet-like with links, etc.

      Then again, I own a few very creative programs (such as Snappy from Play
      Inc.) which try to break from the strictly utilitarian appearance of
      Microsoft apps in general. I'm saying I can do all kinds of really creative
      things myself --- yet. So I'm just thinking and brainstorming with the pedit
      users.

      peditDesk is utilitarian with a slightly cute twist.

      Thanks for the input, Wayne.

      Jerry
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic