7280Re: Design ideas for desktop GUI interface

  • Wayne.Hildebrandt@nau.edu
    Mar 1, 2001
      Jerry,

      One of the so called "advantages" of the Windows environment was the
      common user interface for several programs. This allows the user to
      be instantly familiar with the fundamentals of navagating around a
      program.

      I would think your "user interface" should be the standard of
      the platform you are working on. While a Palm looking interface is
      cute .. when I am using a PC I want to have a common set of controls
      for the several programs I may be running simultaneously. I would
      expect all Palm programs to sort of the same on the Palm and all PC
      programs to be similar on the PC, as well as the MAC.

      Just a thought .....

      Wayne
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic