31752Re: [peditors] Increasing internal app storage space in Android with an external SD card

    Aug 20, 2014
      On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Voytek voytek@... [peditors]
      <peditors@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > On 21 August 2014 3:19:25 am AEST, "dmccunney dennis.mccunney@... [peditors]" <peditors@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >>On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM, voytek@... [peditors]
      >><peditors@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      >>> good luck with your Android travels, I still haven't found an efficient
      >>> way to CONVERT UPPER CASE to lower case, as Pedit tools let me do
      >>
      >>Under what circumstances do you normally have to do that? I have a
      >>full implementation of Busybox on the tablet, and from a command line
      >>in Terminal Emulator, I can probably use the Busybox tr implementation
      >>to convert the case of a string. In an editor, it's trickier.
      >
      > I either receive an email, with text all substantially UPPER CASE, OR, I SCRAPE FROM A WEB PAGE SUCH TEXT.

      I suspect I'm lucky. I see few such cases.

      > With Palm, it was easy, I paste text into calendar entry, highlight, pop up pEdit tool.
      > On Android, I can use Swype, but, that's one word at a time.
      > There is an app I've found that does it, still not as easy, I guess I need to either accept it, or need to go via another app.

      Which app?

      (I just put in a feature request for a case conversion finction in
      DroidEdit. It's intended to be a code editor and has syntax
      highlighting for a slew of languages, so I was surprised there
      apparently *wasn't* a case conversion function in it.)

      I don't expect to see anything as convenient as the pedit tool on
      Android. Pedit acted much like TSRs under MSDOS, where they were
      resident and could be popped up over running applications. Android
      doesn't work that way. I'd settle for being able to copy such stuff
      to the internal clipboard, paste it from there into an editor to do
      the conversion, and copy and past from there into whatever the target
      destination was.

      > Voytek
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic