31685Re: [peditors] Re: hi...

  • Paolo Amoroso
    Apr 12, 2013
      On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM, photojhh <photojhh@...> wrote:

      > > If we keep talking to each other, it won't be temporary.
      > > pedit/ptoolset may largely be history, but this community deserves
      > > to persist. We found other things to talk about back when...
      > >

      > Indeed, that would be cool. We might want to change the group description
      > a bit. Currently it says:

      I may change the group description like this:

      Peditors Forum started as a mailing list for general discussions among
      users of pedit--a.k.a. "peditors"--and other applications by Paul Nevai
      such as LapTopHack, pToolSet, superFinderHack, and printHack. pedit was a
      family of powerful text editors for palmtop organizers running the Palm OS
      operating system. As Palm OS is obsolete, compatible devices are no longer
      manufactured, and pedit is no longer maintained, this forum remains as a
      venue for the community of former users and those with fond memories of
      pedit.

      As for me, I switched to Android, particularly Google-branded devices such
      as those in the Nexus line. For me the choice was simple. I love Unix and
      Google, and devices with the Google experience offer possibly the widest,
      most up to date and better access to Google products and services. I don't
      root devices or use alternate ROMs because I value stability and stock
      experience over features.

      Paolo
      --
      Paolo Amoroso - http://www.google.com/profiles/paolo.amoroso