31618Re: [peditors] Kinoma Player 4 EX for the Palm - off topic

    Feb 14, 2011
      On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Dwight C. Carr <carrdwight@...> wrote:
      > I also made a note to purchase Kinoma as soon as they announced that version
      > 4 was available for Palm, but went to purchase shortly after they pulled the
      > plug.  I tried MMplayer, which does not play youtube on my TX.  I purchased
      > CorePlayer, the commercial version of TCMP, and it does play youtube on my
      > TX sometimes.

      What sort of results do you get?

      > I am planning to test Opra Mini on my TX as I have heard it plays youtube
      > video.

      Good luck. IIRC, Opera Mini for Palm OS requires an IBM Palm OS port
      of Java, which is no longer available. (I had fun locating a version
      compatible with my Tapwave Zodiac 2. Opera Mini more or less worked
      on it, but I never tried playing YouTube.)

      _____