31466Re: pToolset & Treos.

  • bluefish1960
    Oct 10, 2009
      Hi John,
      Sorry, you may have misunderstood my meaning.
      I can navigate the PMT list in the way you say on my 650. It is within the modules like pEditTool and pTextTool that my problems lay.

      Edit some text in a memo for example and use pEditTool (I use autopedit) to manipulate the text. If you want to select any text then using the keyboard I press my Esc key and then S.
      The first options presented are all numbers.
      It is these that I cannot select by pressing option then the number.
      But...if I press and hold option then the number key, well it works just fine, except that it needs two hands.

      Thanks
      Andy

      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

      > Quoting bluefish1960 <andymmail@...>:
      >
      > > Hi gang,
      > > I seem to be having problems selecting menu items that have numbers.
      > > I am using pToolSet 8.13 Dec 04 2007.
      > > I can select anything by holding option> and the required number,
      > > but one handed...it does not recognise option> release option then
      > > press number.
      > >

      > > EG: edit text, call pEditTool and esc J. The labels at the beginning
      > > all start with numbers, and will not trigger unless I hold option
      > > while pressing the desired number.
      > >
      > > What I really want is to do it one handed.
      > >
      > > Any chance, or is that just a pipe dream in these 'pre' days. (smiley).
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Andy
      >
      > Hi Andy --
      >
      > Using Treo 755P and pToolSet 8.14, the sequence (1)open
      > pMasterTool aka "the menu", (2) press and release the option button,
      > (3) press the key that has the desired numeral, does result in the
      > corresponding numbered item activating, not the item with the
      > corresponding letter. That is, it is doing what you want for me. I
      > don't think this is a change from 8.13 to 8.14, but you should get
      > 8.14 anyway. I assume you have "Low-Case ListNav Fix on|off" turned on
      > in the PMT Opt menu, although that probably does not relate to this
      > anyway (??). Also might be device specific -- which Treo do you use?
      >
      > John

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic