30687Re: Possibly useful text-editing pScript

  • fjmancho
    Jan 10, 2008
      Hi

      I would like to add some corrections to the 6 clips-pScript in other
      to skip the bug after soft reset. Just in case some one is interested

      Runing the pScript after a soft reset has two consequences caused by
      /&ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@]:
      a) a message ("$9 undefined") is displayed (it has little practical
      importance)
      b) the command "ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@]" is printed.

      The point in which this command is printed could be a problem. In my
      T3, it coincides at the point in which magipad 200 is open and all its
      content selected (/xEpet s8.). If the text is big enough the message
      "This editing operation cannot be undone" comes up.

      John M. suggested adding some commands that seemed to work when added
      after /&ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@]. I have come to know that the effect of
      those commands more than anything was to alter the chain of events in
      the palm so that the pasting of /&ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@] was taking
      place before the selection of the whole text in magipad 200 (that is
      before /xEpet s8. is performed) and so the message "This editing..."
      avoided.

      Note that printing at the end of magipad 200, at this point, is not a
      problem as this text is going to be deleted.

      I have added two empty lilnks at "{clip1::", between /&specAct[200]
      and /xEpet s8., and the problem is equally (and more logically) solved.

      Note that the number of empty links could vary among different palm tops.

      The the pScript is now as follows:

      a) copy
      {clip0:: /Kq /K2cA /&script$ [@@clip01@@]}
      {clip01:: /&ifGoTo@ [$9<6,@@X@@]
      /&varSet@[$9,0]
      /:X
      /&varAdd@[$9,1]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==1,@@clip1@@]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==2,@@clip2@@]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==3,@@clip3@@]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==4,@@clip4@@]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==5,@@clip5@@]
      /&ifScript@ [$9==6,@@clip6@@]}

      {clip1::/&specAct[200] /&script [@@clip10@@]}
      {clip10::/&script [@@clip11@@]}
      {clip11::/&script [@@clip12@@]}
      {clip12::/xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clip2:: /&specAct[201] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clip3::/&specAct[202] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clip4::/&specAct[203] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clip5::/&specAct[204] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clip6::/&specAct[205] /xEpet s8. /&script [@@clipSv@@]}
      {clipSv:: /K4cA /!/KP/xEpeto}

      b) paste
      {pst1::/&specAct[200] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
      {pst2::/&specAct[201] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
      {pst3::/&specAct[202] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
      {pst4::/&specAct[203] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
      {pst5::/&specAct[204] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}
      {pst6::/&specAct[205] /xEpet s8. /xEpet q}

      c) John M's copy method
      {COPYS::
      /&ifAbort@[$^==0]
      /!/$c/&varSet@[$4,$$]