29546Re: [peditors] HTML browser for palm?

    May 2, 2007
      On 5/2/07, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
      > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 06:30:46PM -0400, dmccunney wrote:
      > > In nWeb, I do it as Page/Open Page/Open Card, and navigate through the
      > > card(s) till I find the HTML file I want. It shows up in a bookmark
      > > as file://<card>//<whatever>.
      >
      > Can't no do with Blazer...Too bad...Paul

      The state of the art in Palm browsers isn't that good. The Zodiac
      comes with a browser based on v2 of a Palmsource product. I've also
      looked at nWeb (my current production browser), NetFront, Xiino, Opera
      Mini, and a few other things. I wouldn't call any of them all that
      good, and falling down trying to access local content is one of the
      issues. (Tapwave Web can't do it at all.)

      I'm fascinated by Palm's apparent reversal of direction: I'd heard
      that Opera wanted to port Opera Mobile to PalmOS, but Palm wasn't
      interested. At their recent Investor Day presentations, they
      announced a partnership with Opera for future products, so we may see
      Opera Mobile on Palm devices. The question, of course, is what these
      devices will be.