27492OT: moving to new Palm and new computer

  • ken green
    Jun 1, 2006
      I know there are ways to move to a new Palm and ways to move to a new
      computer, but what is the recommended procedure for doing both at once?

      I need to move all my Palm data to a new Palm and all my hard drive
      programs and info to a new computer. I've done both of these things
      before, but never at the same time. In the past, I've always been able
      to sync to one or the other after the transfer.

      What's the easiest/best way to do this?

      Should I build the new laptop first, including installing Palm Desktop
      and other programs, then start building the Palm?

      Am I looking at completely reinstalling pTools and all the preferences,
      or can that copy across?

      Palm: moving from a Tungsten T to a Zire 72
      Computer: moving from WinXP Pro Thinkpad T23 to WinXP Pro Thinkpad T43

      Thanks for any help/suggestions/advice you can give.

      --
      Ken Green
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic