24282Re: [peditors] Re: pScriptWriter?

  • John Kershaw
    Jun 2 5:43 AM
      At 8:00 am -0400 2/6/04, Paul Nevai wrote:
      ># http://peditors.com/pScriptWriter/ul_vs_dl.html
      >
      >Superb job!!! You could use the terminal in Mac OS X and use /bin/sh scripts
      >with grep|gawk|sed [or perl] and such to automate the process.
      >
      >I am not a perl guy. I love grep|gawk|sed.
      >
      >BTW, all my scripts use /bin/ksh but then you need to install ksh.

      I've used grep, though only within BBEdit (okay, I ran grep a couple
      of times in the Terminal with some handholding). I read the Llama
      book a couple of years ago but couldn't tell you what's in it :(

      gawk? sed? /bin/ksh? Is that Hungarian???

      I'm sure some regex guru can crunch this puppy (to coin an unfortunate phrase).

      ;)

      John.
      01274 581519 / 07944 755613
      john@... / http://www.kershaw.org
      AOL johnkershaw / Y! & MSN john_m_kershaw
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic