22256Re: assign "copy'n'paste" to button-slided "p"?

  • Bill Starr
    Aug 2, 2003
      That idea sounds wonderful, Paul. I'll be glad to try it out if you
      like.

      As I've mentioned before, I seldom use my PPK since I found
      FitalyHack. Graffiti is fine occasionally, and I'm pretty proficient
      at it, but I have had trouble with something akin to "graffiti
      degradation" (Ref: following link) for nearly as long as I've had my
      Palm Vx. I confirmed this with GrafAid. I tried to figure out what
      causes it, but finally gave up and just found ways to accommodate,
      including using Fitaly for almost all text entry.

      http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Campus/9054/tapbuga.html

      Because of the "spurious straight diagonal lines [which] appear
      instantaneously at the start of a Graffiti stroke", I can't count on
      any particular graffiti stroke being accurate. This is merely
      annoying when trying to produce accurate text. But when trying to
      execute commands, as with a command stroke, or LTH or pedit or
      pToolSet escape sequence, it can cause the loss of data, so I try to
      do as much as I can with taps (or slides), since they are generally
      more reliable for me.

      Thanks, Bill

      *****
      Message 22248
      From: Paul Nevai <nevai@m...>
      Date: Sat Aug 2, 2003 6:19 am
      Subject: Re: [peditors] Re: more Fatal Alerts since last pToolSet
      update

      No need to navigate to it: command-q or ESC q. Best regards, Paul

      P.S. Should I assign "copy'n'paste" to a button-slided "P"?

      *****
      Message 22247
      From: "Bill Starr" <bill.starr.yahoo@s...>
      Date: Fri Aug 1, 2003 9:49 pm
      Subject: Re: more Fatal Alerts since last pToolSet update

      I do almost everything by taps, rather than keyboard and / or
      graffiti. I think what I lose by using three taps to navigate to and
      select the Copy'N'Paste from the pMagiPad menu...
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic