16445Re: [peditors] Newbie pScript question

  • Steven Hill
    Feb 1, 2002
      At 12:57 +0000 1/2/02, Steven Hill wrote:

      >You need a script that copies the number, goes into scriptPad and
      >finds and then pastes into the /&varSet[] function. Finally you need
      >to launch the script that contains the /&varSet[] function and
      >increment it the variable before printing it. Obviously you need an
      >unique identifier in the script to allow you to find the /&varSet[]
      >function, something like:
      >
      >/&varSet [$0, xxxx]/*PASTEHERE*/
      >
      >then you can find 'PASTEHERE', move the cursor back and then select
      >word. Note that the starting script needs to be *after* the second
      >script in scriptPad or it just finds the instruction for typing
      >'PASTEHERE'!

      Replying to my own messages again...

      This is a pScript that works as described above.

      {doIncrement::
      /&varSet [$0, xxx]/*PASTEHERE*/
      /&varAdd [$0, 1]
      /&varPrint [$0]
      /0x04
      }

      {newIDno::
      /GZ
      /&varSet [$0, 0]
      `c
      `M`jh
      `fPASTEHERE`f
      /0x1c
      `jb4c
      `sw
      `p
      `o
      /&script [@@doIncrement@@]
      }

      Select any number, and run the newIDno script. If the selection isn't
      a number it is over written with some garbage so beware. If the
      number has leading zeros or spaces it will work, but the result
      doesn't have leading zeros or spaces...

      Steven