13388Re: [peditors] Re: Natural style of numbering for custButtons?

  • Lonnie Foster
    Sep 6, 2001
      On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Paul Nevai wrote:

      > You are right but they still call them "high-ASCII". BTW, even ASCII is very
      > American. It is not at all a general standard [which doesn't exist].
      > AMB=Paul

      If you expand the acronym, it stands to reason that ASCII is very
      American. ASCII stands for "American Standard Code for Information
      Interchange". Like many things American, it doesn't give much thought
      to other languages or cultures. Ignoring other languages and cultures
      is what's made this country great, if you listen to some of the more
      pig-headed isolationists in our government.

      I'll step off my soap box now. :)

      /|\ Lonnie Foster <lonnief@...> http://pobox.com/~tribble
      \|/ When people cease to complain, they cease to think.
      /|\ -- Arabic Proverb
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic