Re: New to Group

  • hesterca28
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
      Hey Carl I was invited to do a project in Public Health/Health Education. Are you an invitee or a RPCV?

      Crystal

      --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, Carl Benander <cvmbenander@...> wrote:

      > Crystal,
      >  I was wondering what might your specialty be?  Water Sanitation, Business, Forestry, etc?
      >
      > Carl

    • Carl Benander
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
        Hester, I am an RPCV having served from may '98 to dec 2000. I was a business adviser but found myself in many areas of service.I taught Mechanics for a while in Naivasha Polytechnic , and in Tra-Com College in Nakuru. Management & Marketing. I also built Water Tanks, Helped Farmers with crop seed selection, tree planting, and small business people with profitability. I really had little contact with Health and Sanitation issues so you should try to contact RPCV's who were in that program. I think that you will find yourself with considerable latitude to accomplish things in whatever direction that life will take you there. Their system calls for an overlap of service times so that a group will exit as you come in but there will be a group there that has been there for one year, which will be their second year , that will help you all with your first. then, after you have been there a year they will go and your group, then having been there a year,
        will help the new group, etc.It may seem almost overwhelming to you at first to adjust to a new and different culture, but within months you will be fine,.  I wish I could be more help to you but my training took me in another direction. If, however, you have other questions of a general nature, I'll try to help. Best wishes,
        Carl