Packing

  • vince1fan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
      Hi,

      I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a tough time finding any
      resources for packing. If anyone can make any suggestions I would
      really appreciate it. Thanks.

      Megan
    • Mark Steudel
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
        Hi Megan,

        Welcome to Kenya. My wife and I are in the SED/ICT group ahead of you. There
        are several good email conversations with others from your group regarding
        what sort of things to bring in the archives. Check those out, if you have
        other specific questions feel free to shoot the group or us an email.

        Mark

        Peace Corps Kenya

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25, 2007
          Hey Megan,

          I'm in your group. My husband and I have posted our packing list to
          our (now defunct) blog. You can view it here:
          http://lifecalls.blogspot.com/2007/04/packing-list-final-draft.html

          Also, if you are interested, I have a Word document where I complied
          packing lists from volunteers headed for Africa. None for Kenya
          specifically though. There are 5 lists total, all females. If you
          want it, let me know and I'll email it to you.

          Best,
          Whitney

          --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, "vince1fan" <vince1fan@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a tough time finding any
          > resources for packing. If anyone can make any suggestions I would
          > really appreciate it. Thanks.
          >
          > Megan

        • vince1fan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 26, 2007
            Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm sure I will pack stuff I don't
            need and not pack stuff I do need but that's part of the adventure. I
            am looking forward to meeting all of y'all!

            Megan

            wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a tough time finding
            any
            > resources for packing. If anyone can make any suggestions I would
            > really appreciate it. Thanks.
            >
            > Megan

          • Angela Huesman
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27, 2007
              A recommendation - several decks of cards that don't
              suck. You won't find that over there. The cards
              there were very papery and got marked up easily. And
              any other games you would enjoy playing. There can be
              a lot of down time.

              Cheers,
              Angela

              --- vince1fan <vince1fan@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm sure I will
              > pack stuff I don't
              > need and not pack stuff I do need but that's part of
              > the adventure. I
              > am looking forward to meeting all of y'all!
              >
              > Megan
              >

              > --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, "vince1fan"
              > <vince1fan@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a
              > tough time finding
              > any
              > > resources for packing. If anyone can make any
              > suggestions I would
              > > really appreciate it. Thanks.
              > >
              > > Megan

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • mama_josh
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 28, 2007
                I would bring a decent set of queen sized sheets. Locally made
                sheets are scratchy and fitted sheets were hard to find.

                Peggy

                --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, Angela Huesman
                <mariakani@...> wrote:

                > A recommendation - several decks of cards that don't
                > suck. You won't find that over there. The cards
                > there were very papery and got marked up easily. And
                > any other games you would enjoy playing. There can be
                > a lot of down time.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Angela
                >
                > --- vince1fan <vince1fan@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm sure I will
                > > pack stuff I don't
                > > need and not pack stuff I do need but that's part of
                > > the adventure. I
                > > am looking forward to meeting all of y'all!
                > >
                > > Megan
                > >

                > > --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, "vince1fan"
                > > <vince1fan@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi,
                > > >
                > > > I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a
                > > tough time finding
                > > any
                > > > resources for packing. If anyone can make any
                > > suggestions I would
                > > > really appreciate it. Thanks.
                > > >
                > > > Megan

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • truth
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 29, 2007
                  the cards is good, even uno, and u can teach it to people of your community. have a list of stuff on my website; i just recently got back. email me at truth0770@... if you have questions regarding it, or anything! :) (returned '06)

                  www.riki0507.blogspot.com

                  Angela Huesman <mariakani@...> wrote: A recommendation - several decks of cards that don't

                  --- vince1fan <vince1fan@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm sure I will
                  > pack stuff I don't
                  > need and not pack stuff I do need but that's part of
                  > the adventure. I
                  > am looking forward to meeting all of y'all!
                  >
                  > Megan
                  >

                  > --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, "vince1fan"
                  > <vince1fan@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I am leaving for Kenya in May and I am having a
                  > tough time finding
                  > any
                  > > resources for packing. If anyone can make any
                  > suggestions I would
                  > > really appreciate it. Thanks.
                  > >
                  > > Megan

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Tarika Sethi '04
                  truth0770@...
                  Randolph-Macon Woman's College
                  Activities Director Teen Centers
                  Randolph-Macon Woman's College Picture, click on link!
                  http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/va/lynchburg/postcards/rmwcol.jpg