Re: Seeds

  • marciugali
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
      House search bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm about to give up. Price are
      going through the roof for whole in the walls. I burnt out house 4
      block away sold for over 200.

      Marci

      --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, kalisana2000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Well now the coast, that's a different kettle of fish.
      > But upcountry I don't think there's much problem if, say, you're
      from
      > Minnesota "Land of Lakes and Hotdish" (Hi Bob). Think of all those
      > wonderful breakfastes at the Parkside with bangers, hard fried
      eggs
      > and toasted toast. yum!
      >
      > How is the house search??
      >
      > --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, marciugali <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Sylvia, my favorite Kenyan cook how could you make a sweeping
      > > generalization saying Kenyan food is bland? What about the
      yummy
      > > costal food????
      > >
      > > Ugali(now that bland)
      > >
      > > --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, kalisana2000
      > <no_reply@y...>

      > > prefer
      > > > bland
      > > vegetables
      > > > would
      > > > >

      > > > Bland, boy are you in luck. It was an British colony, remember.
    • shillingi_bob
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hi Sylvie. Ahh the lovely midwestern hotdish (tater tot is my
        personal favorite). You gotta love a place where ketchup is a
        vegetable. Makes balanced meal planning so much easier...meat,
        potatoes, and ketchup. When are you coming to Atlanta? The weather
        is just like the Kenyan coast...

        I always carried pili pili in my pocket so I could add some flavor to
        Kenyan food.
      • Scott Simonek
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
          marci,
          sorry to hear your troubles re housing market.
          yes i am still around. i have been dabbling in real estate
          enterprises here in south florida and the markets are out of
          control. finished my houses in brazil (rob & renata will be happy
          about that). i plan on acquisitioning a hotel in brazil next.
          the house i built here in south florida in 2002 for $225K after some
          remarkable changes(marble, moulding, pool, etc) has increased in
          value almost $125K in 2 years. of course now that is all in equity
          if i choose to sell but i have bought a few small condos (50K range)
          to rent. Wait until the bubble bursts at the end of the year b4 or
          select your market carefully.
          caio
          -ss
        • marciugali
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
            Scott,

            Talked to Gloria, your old APCD, a couple of months ago and she
            asked what was the name of the guy I cought on the motorcyle with
            Rob. It was an odd afternoon.

            It good to hear that you have become a real estate moguel. I have
            been very wise in the house I have tried to get. I always try to
            buy the cheapest house on the block but I'm giving up on it for the
            most part. I figure when I don with my job here we will move to
            another area.

            Give me a call if you are ever in the DC area. Rob and Renata have
            my contact.

            L,
            Marci

            --- In peacecorpskenya@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Simonek"