Re: NEW YEARS PARTY

  • karinjeri
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2002
      I now have two interviews - one at Virgina Mason and one @ U of W -
      then two in Portland. I actually may now switch my flights - my
      Seattle interviews are Monday and Friday of that week (Jan 6- 10)
      with the Oregon ones on Tues and Wed - so might just fly into Seattle
      on the 4th.
      No sleeping in my contacts - I promise!
      And in answer to the last question, if I match there, I'd move
      there - but I'm applying all over, so we'll see!!! How was your
      Turkey Day? I still remember that great meal that Renata cooked in
      Kilifi!!
      Karin

      -- In peacecorpskenya@y..., "kilifi1994" <rrlangjr1@s...> wrote:

      > I hope you don't sleep with your contacts in, again. You hang with
      > pretty fast crowd that i would not know about. So tell us about the
      > interview, who with and for what type of positiion. Maybe we know
      > somebody.
      > If you get it would it mean moving here? Tell more
      >

      > --- In peacecorpskenya@y..., karinjeri <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi!!! I'm so sad to say, I won't be near Seattle this year for
      > New
      > > Year's - actually, I'll be on the opposite corner - Florida!!
      > That
      > > party was so much fun 2 years ago - I'm sad I'll miss it!!
      > > But I'll be there the week of Jan 8th for an interview in
      Seattle -

      > > I'm going to stay with a friend who lives near the hospital, but
      > > would love to see you guys! I'll give you the exact dates I'll
      be
      > > there this week.
      > > Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! How could you not with
      the
      > > lovely, exotic Renata??
      > >
      > > :^) Karin
      > >

      > > --- In peacecorpskenya@y..., "kilifi1994" <rrlangjr1@s...> wrote:
      > > > Howdy all:
      > > >
      > > > Everyone is invited to the Every Other New Years Party. Every
      > other
      > > > meaning we haven't had a party since 2000.
      > > >
      > > > Those of you who attended the last one are expected to attend
      > again.
      > > > The theme will be similar, that is, eat drink and converse.
      > Bring
      > > > warm clothes as the party will be as much indoors as outdoors
      > and
      > > it
      > > > is usually cold in rainy in Seattle at that time of the year.
      > > > We plan on having a fire, but no effigy burnings. Sleeping
      space
      > is
      > > > limted to 15 or so, I think thats how many stayed over last
      > > > time. "Finally, a party where you don't have to dress up"
      > > >
      > > > Please let us know if you are attending so we can figure out
      how
      > > > much food to cook.We had approximately 70 people at the last
      > party,
      > > > the menu was, turkey, ham and sea bass. We will most likely
      > roast
      > > > something whole in order to keep people busy tending the fire.
      > I'll
      > > > also purchase something better than Bud Lite for the
      > refreshments
      > > > with your constructive input.
      > > >
      > > > I have one out of town surprise guest confirmed, but I'm not
      > > telling
      > > > who. We do have plenty of room if anyone want to hang around
      for
      > > few
      > > > days.
      > > >
      > > > Be in touch,
      > > >
      > > > Rob Lang & the lovely, exotic Renata Bocayuva
    • kilifi1994
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2002
        So what Type of positions? UW has lots going on and deep pockets.
        Fred Hutch or UW research or other UW? Virginia Maosn has had some
        troubles lately. Why don't you call us?

      • kalisana2000
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2002
          Rob, you will HAVE to build that addition with all these guests! Jim
          will be there in January too (or is later better?).
          S.

          --- In peacecorpskenya@y..., "kilifi1994" <rrlangjr1@s...> wrote:
          > So what Type of positions? UW has lots going on and deep pockets.
          > Fred Hutch or UW research or other UW? Virginia Maosn has had some
          > troubles lately. Why don't you call us?

        • uvendi1
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2002
            hey yall...melissa done finished (officially) her schoolin'...she's
            lernt now.
            Peg,
            hope you're trip went well...

            Karin,
            Good luck with your interviews.

            Rob,
            I wish I could make the trek out to Seattle for New Year's...sounds
            like it'll be great.

            kim
          • pcman_94_96
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2002
              Well I'll be Missy Melissa! I just scrolled through old messages and
              saw that we got ourselves another graduate on-hand. Congrats
              girlie! The earth's dirt is in entrusted hands.

              Lookin' forward to the NYC celebration!

              - vCv