Hello Soon-to-be Peace Corps Uganda Volunteers!!! :-)

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hi Everyone!!
      Let me introduce myself, my name is Shannon. I am 24 and born, raised, and currently reside in the suburbs in Philadelphia. I have been assigned to be a primary education teacher trainer. I am sooooo excited and I can't wait to meet you all in February!! I'm driving to Philly, since I live right outside of the city, it's about 30 minutes away. I need to seriously begin packing!! This is going to be fun!! lol Alyssa, I hate to disagree with you before even meeting you, but I prefer Steve's Prince of Steaks for a good Philly cheesesteak... I think Pat's and Geno's are too touristy. Any one from out of town if you get here early and have time definately try to check out South Street, the Art Museum (famous Rocky steps), city hall, and/or Love Park!! I am going to try to get there on Monday night before we begin staging on the 9th. I hope we have a little time to walk around the city during staging. Devon, you are brining a stove, like a camping one? What kind? And thank you for the tip on the website, I didn't know about it. I'm might get property insurance, I'm no sure though -still debating. What are you all doing?? Good luck with packing everyone and see you in 30 MORE DAYS!! Take care!! :-)

      Best Wishes & Happy Packing,
      Shannon <3
    • Shannon

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
          Is anyone on facebook? They have a Uganda PCV group that some of the older volunteers started on there! And also last thing, PC supplies us with malaria pills and shots, but isanyoe getting any other shots before they go that PC doesn't provide? Or is anyone starting the malaria pills now? I heard you are supposed to take the malaria pills a few weeks prior to departure. Ok, I think that will be enough for tonight. haha ttyl :-)

          My facebook is- www.facebook.com/I.love.Shannonigans
        • alyssaconn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2010
            Hi Shannon! I actually have heard good things about Steve's though I have never been there.