Haiti

  • dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
      Hey everyone,

      I am sure that by now everyone has heard about the earthquake in Haiti. There's no way that my words can do any justice to this terrible tragedy so I won't even try, but Patrick directed me to this message from Director Williams reagrding the Peace Corps history in Haiti so I wanted to pass it along in case anyone was interested.

      http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.media.press.view&news_id=1520

      All the best,
      Dave
    • Natalie Peters
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
        Yes I have heard....This is so awful I can't even begin to fathom what it must be like there. The only thing that brought me hope was the aid and assistance pouring in from across the globe. I am so thankful for the money from Europe and for emergency organizations who were already there in Haiti and/or have stepped up now in this crisis (the Red Cross, WFP, Doctors w/o Borders, Salvation Army, UN, etc). It certainly reminds me of what type of work I want to do someday soon...

        Thanks for the article--I'll definitely check it out.