Re: Contacts

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
      Hey Alyssa,

      I wear glass and contacts too. I'm bringing two extra pairs of glasses with me, I already have them so I might as well bring all three right? I also wear contacts but not as much, but I figured I'll bring a few with me just in case... also if there are any special events I'd rather wear contacts for it.

      I am going with the property insurance too, not that I'm bringing over anything extremely expensive other than my laptop, but it's always good to be safer than sorry. Plus I talked to a pcv friend who recently came back from zambia and I asked him about propery insurance and this was his response:

      "Property insurance came to my rescue. I was getting out of a truck, dropped my pack and jumped out. Just as I was getting it, the truck rolled forward and crushed my pack and everything in it including my camera and 2.5litres of veggie oil which pretty much ruined everything. Worst day of my pc life. It was miserable. But then I got a camera and a $400 check and that made everything all better. Its only a few bucks a month." Needless to say, I think it's a good idea to have it instead of take the risk.

      My friend also told me that the method around there for
      pick pocketing is to step on your foot and point down and when you aren't looking someone will come alongside and pick your pocket. Just figured I'd pass that on so you can be more aware if you are put in a similar situation you can be more prepared.

      I hope this helps! :-)

      All My Best, Shannon