Hello from Iowa

  • devon_patrick_murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2010
      Hi everyone! I'll be flying out of Roanoke, VA on the 9th. How is everyone doing on packing? I'm bringing a few clothes, a few backpacking items (stove, purifier, etc...) and some electronics (solar panel, netbook, camera). Have any of you seen this site?

      http://www.peacecorpswiki.com/Volunteer_discounts

      Aside from Chaco, I was thinking about trying to get an order set up with Hennessy Hammocks. It looks like I need 10 orders together to make it work, so please let me know if there is any interest.

      Is anyone getting property insurance?

      Take care, and I look forward to meeting you all.

      Devon
    • samplergirl05
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2010
        Wow, thanks for that website Devon. There are some good discounts there. In regards to packing, I have been emailing with a girl who is in Uganda currently. She recommends a few things I wouldn't have thought of; facewash, nail clippers, good kitchen knives and a sharpener, hot pads, ziplock bags, plastic mattress liner, duct tape, scotch tape, etc. etc. I really need to get going on actually getting all this stuff! Especially if I want to take advantage of those discounts listed.

        I am pretty sure I am going to pass on the property insurance.

        Is anyone getting in Monday night? I plan on exploring the town that evening as well as in the morning...

        I AM EXCITED,

        Elizabeth

        --- In peacecorps_uganda@yahoogroups.com, "devon_patrick_murphy" <devon.patrick.murphy@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone! I'll be flying out of Roanoke, VA on the 9th. How is everyone doing on packing? I'm bringing a few clothes, a few backpacking items (stove, purifier, etc...) and some electronics (solar panel, netbook, camera). Have any of you seen this site?
        >
        > http://www.peacecorpswiki.com/Volunteer_discounts
        >
        > Aside from Chaco, I was thinking about trying to get an order set up with Hennessy Hammocks. It looks like I need 10 orders together to make it work, so please let me know if there is any interest.
        >
        > Is anyone getting property insurance?
        >
        > Take care, and I look forward to meeting you all.
        >
        > Devon

      • alyssaconn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2010
          Hey Devon,
          You might want to double check on the stove thing, because I think they might provide us with one...or at least that was the impression that I got from one of the PC Journals I read.
          ~ Alyssa

          --- In peacecorps_uganda@yahoogroups.com, "devon_patrick_murphy" <devon.patrick.murphy@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone! I'll be flying out of Roanoke, VA on the 9th. How is everyone doing on packing? I'm bringing a few clothes, a few backpacking items (stove, purifier, etc...) and some electronics (solar panel, netbook, camera). Have any of you seen this site?
          >
          > http://www.peacecorpswiki.com/Volunteer_discounts
          >
          > Aside from Chaco, I was thinking about trying to get an order set up with Hennessy Hammocks. It looks like I need 10 orders together to make it work, so please let me know if there is any interest.
          >
          > Is anyone getting property insurance?
          >
          > Take care, and I look forward to meeting you all.
          >
          > Devon

        • leonard_charlene
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
            Devon, I will be flying out of Roanoke on the 9th as well. Are you in the area?