Reminder: Inclusive Dance Workshop Nov. 11th and 12th

  • c walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2006
      Hello again,

      I would like to remind you to join us for our upcoming
      workshop on November 11 and 12, see below for details.
      After you vote come join us for dance and creation. I am
      also excited to spread the news, that we will have a new
      performance January 20th, 27th, and 28th. Please mark
      your calender, I will send you more information regarding
      the performance soon.

      Please forward this and all of our emails to your friends
      and colleagues.

      warmly,
      Curtis

      Learn to Dance with
      Intention & Conviction

      Nov. 11th & Nov. 12th
      (Saturday & Sunday)

      1 pm -  4 pm

      Performance Works NorthWest,
      4625 SE 67th Ave
      Portland, OR

      (1 block north of Foster, bus lines 14 & 17)

      With Guest Teachers Shannon Barnes & Yulia Arakelyan
      from Seattle WA

      Please preregister by Nov. 9th.

      To do so contact Impetus Arts (503)493-9090, ImpetusArts@...

      Or simply send registration fee to:
      Curtis L. Walker, Director
      Impetus Arts
      2891 SE Division Unit. 1
      Portland, OR 97202

      For financial aid see below.

      Workshop Description: In this 2-day inclusive dance workshop we will practice clarity of intention & commitment to movement.  Drawing on improvisation & contemporary dance, participants will create the seeds of solo & group choreography by exploring the balance of spontaneous movement & intentional choices.  All experience levels, genders, races, sexualities, abilities/disabilities, and bodies welcome.  $50-75. financial aid available.

      The Teachers:

      Yulia has danced with inclusive dance companies Light Motion & AXIS Dance in the US & FRONTLINE dance, CandoCo, & Stop Gap in England .  She is currently completing a BA in Dance at the University of Washington .  She is currently on the board of VSA Arts of WA. She performs regularly in Seattle & Portland .

      Shannon has a post-graduate certificate in Community Dance from Laban in London , where she interned with the inclusive dance company, CandoCo.  She has a B.A. in Dance from the University of Washington .  Shannon is currently
      a freelance dance teacher & performs regularly in Seattle.

      Financial Aid:

      We strive to requesting financial aid as simple as possible.  Just email or call us and we will be happy email you a simple form or you can answer a few questions over the phone.

      Mission:

      Impetus Arts, based in Portland Oregon, removes physical and social barriers in order to provide artists and non-artists with opportunities to be their authentic selves and create performance, visual, and movement art.

      Curtis L Walker
      Director