Free Fall Men's Yoga & Meditation starts soon

  • Bart Church
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2006
      Would you please forward this invitation to any men who may be interested in
      attending a FREE men's yoga or meditation class, and please consider
      attending yourself?

      FREE MEN'S YOGA & MEDITATION CLASSES

      As we approach the Autumnal Equinox, the days shorten and it's a great time
      to try new ways to integrate wellness & stress-relief into our busy lives.
      Q-LAND & LoveTribe are launching the fall quarter with the following FREE
      yoga & meditation classes (for men who've never tried one of our classes):

      * Monday, 9/18, 6:30-7:45 pm
      Core Strength Yoga

      * Wednesday, 9/20, 6:30-8:30 pm
      Therapeutic Yoga (for men with specific wellness challenges/goals)

      * Saturday, 9/23, 10:00-11:15 am
      Core Strength Yoga

      * Tuesday, 9/12, 7:30-9:30 pm
      Men's Meditation Group

      Below are short descriptions of each class.

      MEN'S CORE STRENGTH YOGA
      Monday, 9/18, 6:30-7:45 pm &
      Saturday, 9/23 10:00-11:15 am
      As men age, stress, gravity, and neglect of the body conspire to cause us to
      collapse inward. We close ourselves off to life. In this dynamic,
      powerful, gentle, and fun class you'll learn to open from the inside out -
      to strengthen, lengthen, and enjoy your core. This class is for men with
      diverse abilities, ages, shapes, colors, orientations, and backgrounds (must
      be able to walk up & down stairs because NW Portland studio is not
      wheelchair accessible). Instructor Charles Airey has studied yoga for about
      25 years, became a certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor 20 years ago, and has
      taught in various studios in South Florida & Southern California.
      INFO: Charles 503-223-8822 or yoga@...
      RSVP: www.qland.org/menspirit

      MEN'S THERAPEUTIC YOGA
      Wednesday, 9/20, 6:30-8:30 pm
      Small class tailored to address your specific wellness goals, limitations,
      abilities, & experience. Learn to use Yoga & Ayurveda to reach your
      wellness goals (getting stronger & more flexible, losing weight, stress
      relief, becoming calmer & more focused, etc.) and/or self-treat chronic
      ailments (like back/neck pain, insomnia/anxiety, allergies, depression, HIV,
      digestive problems, etc). Taught by instructor who has studied for more than
      l8 years (under certified Iyengar & Raja Yoga instructors) and taught
      therapeutic yoga for more than 12 years.
      INFO: Bart 503-223-8822 or yoga@...
      RSVP: www.lovetribe.org/menspirit

      MEN'S MEDITATION GROUP
      Tuesday, 9/12 & 9/26 (2nd & 4th Tuesdays), 7:30-9:30 pm
      Meditation helps many people relieve stress, feel calmer and more focused,
      and be more creative and connected to your natural flow. In this group
      you'll receive basic meditation instruction and simple, silent sitting and
      walking practice twice a month, on-going support for establishing your own
      regular meditation practice, and the fellowship of other men from diverse
      backgrounds who are interested in meditation and mindfulness.
      Co-facilitated by Rob Downer, M.Div., a local spiritual director and
      Centering Prayer facilitator; and Jeff Kerr, who has studied Buddhist
      meditation and currently is a student at the Portland Shambhala Center.
      INFO: Rob 503-223-8822 or meditation@...
      RSVP: www.lovetribe.org/menspirit

      NOTE: Please RSVP as we limit our class sizes to assure each class is
      tailored to each man's goals, limitations, & abilities. Men of all
      experience levels are welcome in all our classes. Classes are only free for
      men who've never attended one of our yoga or meditation classes. After your
      1st class, you decide how much you want to donate per class and then pay
      that amount times the number of classes remaining in the quarter. Space is
      limited in the Therapeutic Yoga Class, so please RSVP for this class ASAP.

      Bart Church
      Q-LAND/LoveTribe MenSpirit Program Coordinator:
      www.lovetribe.org/menspirit
      www.qland.org
      503-223-8822 X1
      bart@...

      P.S. -- MenSpirit is a joint project of two non-profit organizations:
      Q-LAND & LoveTribe. Menspirit empowers diverse men in the Portland, OR area
      to discover and manifest their individual & collective potential for
      wellness, community, friendship/intimacy, spirituality, & play. We do this
      by supporting & creating venues and values for life-long, collaborative
      learning and heart-conscious community among men. Please let me know if
      you'd be willing to donate your time &/or money to support us. Be the
      change you seek.

      the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever does."
      --Margaret Mead