FW: PLAY AFTER PLAY IN DEC

  • Kelman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      ----------
      From: "Melanya Helene" <melafuzzyogiya@...>
      Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:29:31 -0800
      Subject: PLAY AFTER PLAY IN DEC

      We have a brand new CHILDREN'S SHOW for December! Please forward this email
      anyone you think would be interested. Thanks, Melanya Helene

      PLAY AFTER PLAY
      an interactive theater experience

      presents

      "THE GOLDEN FISH"
      based a humorous Russian folktale
      Saturdays, December 3rd, 10th, 17th, & 24th
      10:00 - 11:00 AM
      at The Brooklyn Bay Theater

      first the play:

      A poor fisherman happens to catch a magical golden fish and is granted
      a wish for releasing it unharmed. This sets off a series of escalating
      events which finally lead us back to an appreciation of what is truly
      valuable. Filled with music and engagingly physical performances,
      this play will captivate children and adults alike. Appropriate for all
      ages!

      then the play:

      At the end of the play kids of all ages are invited to come out and
      play with the performers! All the excitement of the show culminates in
      a rolling, laughing, giggling good time!

      These Events will be taking place at THE BROOKLYN BAY, a new
      performance space located at 1825 SE Franklin, Bay K *see directions
      below*

      Tickets are only $6/each or $18/family rate

      Please reserve /limited seating
      Our productions tend to fill up quickly

      Call Melanya at 503-772-4005 or e-mail melanya@...

      Play After Play is the innovation of Melanya Helene, a mother of two,
      who has been working with children for more than 10 years. She is
      trained in music, improvisational theater, voice, dance & movement as
      well as child development. She is dedicated to providing live theater
      for families that is affordable enough to attend regularly.

      What parents have been saying:
      "Thank you for one of the most wonderful performances I have ever seen.
      (And I've seen a lot of performances!) I've drifted off to sleep the
      last two nights re-playing it in my mind. I expected to have a good
      time, but did not expect to be so moved and delighted and enchanted."
      -Mia Pisano-Yang

      "My 4 year old daughter, Alli, asked me to write to the "play people"
      and say that she loved you and that she had a really good time and
      wanted to go see another play soon. Alli had a wonderful time and
      talked about the story for the rest of
      the day...... your plays are like a soft cool summer breeze. And the
      proof is in the rapt attention you get from the little ones. Their
      imaginations are completely engaged in sharp contrast to shows that are
      all fanfare and noise. Thank you again and expect to see a lot of us in
      the future!" -Kristin Lake

      ---------------------
      *Directions To Brooklyn Bay - Please follow precisely because it's
      tricky.
      1. At SE Powell & SE 21st head south on 21st
      2. Turn right on Lafayette
      3. Turn right on 20th
      4. Turn left on Pershing
      5. Turn right on 19th and street park anywhere along there
      6. At the end of 19th (it overlooks Powell), there are a series of
      white bay warehouses on your left. We are in Bay K (1825 SE Franklin,
      Bay K)
      Please donĀ¹t park in the parking areas of the bay warehouses

      OR
      1. Park anywhere North of Powell around 21st St
      2. Cross Powell to the South side of the street
      3. At Powell & SE 20th there is a walkway (sidewalk) heading West
      4. Walk along the walkway for a little over a block and you'll see a
      series of white bay warehouses on your left
      5. We are in Bay K (1825 SE Franklin, Bay K)

      Visit our website at www.brooklynbay.org