Starting with a Mini Class... at Tuesday's Contact Improv Jam

  • christine maxwell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2013
      Tuesday, September 10th, 8-10pm

      Starting with an exploration of lightness to warm up
      and cultivate ease... We'll then explore a few lifts,
      focusing on effortlessness and flow.

      Led by Mike Detweiler, a fabulous dancer from Boulder, CO

      Opening circle at 8
      Intro from 8:05-8:30ish
      Leading into open jam
      Closing circle at 10:05

      Beginners welcome and encouraged!

      $5-10 sliding scale

      Conduit is at
      918 SW Yamhill 4th floor
      Downtown Portland

      See you soon!
      Christine
    • christine maxwell
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 9, 2014
        Tuesday,  February 11, 8-10pm

        Wonderful teacher this week!
        Beginners (and all the rest) welcome and encouraged:)

        Carolyn Stuart will lead "3 foci for interdependent dancing -
        Attention to Sensation.  Point of Contact.  Support precedes Movement.
        And exploration combining contact improvisation and inner game theory."

        Opening circle at 8
        Class from 8:05-8:35ish, leading into open jam
        Closing circle at 10

        $5-10 sliding scale

        Come dance with us!

        Conduit is at
        918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
        Downtown Portland

        See you soon!
        Christine
      • christine maxwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2014
          Tuesday, April 8th, 8-10pm

          Come dance with us!

          Opening Circle at 8:05
          Mini class from 8:10-8:30ish
          Leading into Open Jam

          Bob Czimbal will walk dancers through skills essential for beginners
          and valuable for seasoned dancers as well.
          :)Balancing personal responsibility and being responsive to your partner.
          :)Finding common ground in the areas of speed, weight and intimacy.
          :)Sensitivity to differences in style.
          :)Exchanging feedback.
          :)Creating trust.

          $5-10 sliding scale

          Conduit is at
          918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
          Downtown Portland

          See you soon!
          Christine
        • christine maxwell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2014
            Tuesday, July 8, 8-10pm

            Excited to have Carolyn Stuart
            opening with a Mini Class
            "IN IN IN IN- the all purpose solution to everything in C.I."

            Come dance with us!

            Beginners of all levels welcome and encouraged:)

            Opening circle promptly at 8
            Mini class from 8:05-8:30ish
            leading into open jam
            Closing circle at 10:05