Contact Workshop: Momentum and Ease in Lifting and Leaping

  • Mike Detweiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2013
      Saturday the 15th I'll be in town and teaching a workshop at Carolyn Stuart's studio.  It will be from 11am to 4pm, and will be full of material I'm excited to share.  I will be teaching before the Tuesday jam on 9/10, so come dance with me there for a taste of the workshop!

      The intermediate level workshop will focus on cultivating lightness in the dance and harnessing this when supporting other dancers. Much of the work will center on using momentum to enter lifts, but will also include some techniques for personal lightness and putting force through your partner's structure when flying. We will work on the ground, with lifts, and with leaping and catching other dancers. Come ready to move and have fun!

      Please bring food for a half hour break, and knowing that the Saturday jam follows directly after the workshop if you want to stay and practice/dance!

      Cost:
      $45 on or before 9/11/2013
      $60 after that
      No one turned away for lack of funds: a reduced price is available for economic hardship.

      Send money through paypal to mkdetweiler@....

       My Bio:
      I discovered contact in the new year of 2010 and it was love at first sight. Since then he has studied with Alicia Greyson, Gretchen and Steve Homsher, Karl Frost, as well as other renown contact teachers. He has been teaching since 2009 and has taught in Colorado and California.

      https://www.facebook.com/events/346523138815304/

      Dance with you all soon!
      -Mike