Starting with a Mini Class... at Tuesday's Contact Improv Jam

  • christine maxwell
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2013
      Tuesday, May 14th, 8-10pm

      Come dance with us!

      Opening Circle at 8
      Mini Class with Keren from 8:05-8:30
      Leading into Open Jam
      Closing circle at 10

      Keren Ganin-Pinto practices 'Body Mind Centering'
      and is excited to share this world with us.
      Exploring the possibilities that exist
      as we bring Awareness
      to our reactions and responses through movement
      in relationship to gravity and each other.

      $5-10 sliding scale

      Conduit is at
      918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
      Downtown Portland

      See you soon!
      Christine
      503.236.3691

    • christine maxwell
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8 10:21 PM
        Tuesday June 11, 8-10pm

        Exploring Lifts and Rolls...
        coming up and going down with
        connection, communication, safety.

        Opening circle at 8
        At 8:05 Exploring Lifts and Rolls
        Moving into open jam at 8:30ish
        Closing circle at 10:05

        Come dance with us!

        Beginners welcome and encouraged
        Fun and connecting for all levels:)

        $5-10 sliding scale

        Conduit is at
        918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
        Downtown Portland

        See you soon!
        Christine

        p.s. Check out this video!

      • christine maxwell
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 11, 2013
          Tuesday, August 13th, 8-10pm

          Intro led by Michael Davidescu

          Punctuation: Gaining awareness in dance
          through the magic of pause.
          We'll explore centering ourselves with others
          and playing with rhythm and tempo.

          Opening circle at 8
          Intro from 8:05-8:30ish
          Leading into open jam
          Closing circle at 10:05

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2013
            Tuesday, September 10th, 8-10pm

            Starting with an exploration of lightness to warm up
            and cultivate ease... We'll then explore a few lifts,
            focusing on effortlessness and flow.

            Led by Mike Detweiler, a fabulous dancer from Boulder, CO

            Opening circle at 8
            Intro from 8:05-8:30ish
            Leading into open jam
            Closing circle at 10:05

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 9, 2014
              Tuesday,  February 11, 8-10pm

              Wonderful teacher this week!
              Beginners (and all the rest) welcome and encouraged:)

              Carolyn Stuart will lead "3 foci for interdependent dancing -
              Attention to Sensation.  Point of Contact.  Support precedes Movement.
              And exploration combining contact improvisation and inner game theory."

              Opening circle at 8
              Class from 8:05-8:35ish, leading into open jam
              Closing circle at 10

              $5-10 sliding scale

              Come dance with us!

              Conduit is at
              918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
              Downtown Portland

              See you soon!
              Christine
            • christine maxwell
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 6, 2014
                Tuesday, April 8th, 8-10pm

                Come dance with us!

                Opening Circle at 8:05
                Mini class from 8:10-8:30ish
                Leading into Open Jam

                Bob Czimbal will walk dancers through skills essential for beginners
                and valuable for seasoned dancers as well.
                :)Balancing personal responsibility and being responsive to your partner.
                :)Finding common ground in the areas of speed, weight and intimacy.
                :)Sensitivity to differences in style.
                :)Exchanging feedback.
                :)Creating trust.

                $5-10 sliding scale

                Conduit is at
                918 SW Yamhill 4th Floor
                Downtown Portland

                See you soon!
                Christine
              • christine maxwell
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 6, 2014
                  Tuesday, July 8, 8-10pm

                  Excited to have Carolyn Stuart
                  opening with a Mini Class
                  "IN IN IN IN- the all purpose solution to everything in C.I."

                  Come dance with us!

                  Beginners of all levels welcome and encouraged:)

                  Opening circle promptly at 8
                  Mini class from 8:05-8:30ish
                  leading into open jam
                  Closing circle at 10:05