Improvisational Contact Dance Retreat with Stuart Phillips March 29-31, Friday 7-9pm, Saturday 11-4pm, Sunday 11-4pm

  • stuart phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
                                  Improvisational Contact Dance Retreat with Stuart Phillips

    @ Butopia: Retreat Center for Embodied Arts in Nature in Freeland, Whidbey Island, WA

    March 29-31, Friday 7-9pm (open to drop-in $25)

    Saturday 11-4pm, Sunday 11-4pm

    Full Retreat: $125 until 3/9/13, $150 thereafter

    Exploring the Intuitional Body, Creating Relational Dance as Deep Personal Metaphor

    What Am I Doing? Where Am I Going? What Is Happening Now?

      What Happens Next? Who Am I Really?

      1) Entails experiential guidance into exploration that begins with where each specific participant ci dancer is coming from, energetically, & traveling throughout dance duets accessing, sourcing from this intrinsic material, noticing exactly what comes out of this, how we access, where we source from.

      2) Specifically bringing awareness to future choices & accessing inspirational & motivational long term choice points, ie., how we as dancers influence our choices in the moment, what is our long range focus? how we use this to create a story or long term essence vision?

      3) Focusing on how we treat ourselves in the present ci dance.. How do we tend to focus, with guidance, on perceiving our experience in the dance as it surprisingly unravels?

      How does viewing perspective of the moment inform the outcome?

      4) Looking into the immediate following step, how do we view dance (& life) as remaining fresh & completely new in our improvisation? Where does our immediate future come from? How do we choose this particular arrangement? What can we get rid of in focusing on choosing next step to stay completely real all the time?

      5) Where are we coming from as ci dance participants & what this says about who we are, how we experience, how dance informs & defines our experience, hence our identity, or the slipperiness of changing self definition, self identity. What all this means when defining perspective on self empowerment.

    Open to All

    Stuart Phillips is & has been Devotionally Performing & Teaching Improvisational Contact Dance for over 26 years throughout the US, Canada & New

    Zealand, with an upcoming European tour late fall 2013 , & been Practicing, Performing & Teaching Improvisational Dance for over 32 years.

      206-855-5836, momo@..., Contact Maureen for Registration

    & Information on Location, Lodging, Meals, Work-Exchange, etc